Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
11 posts

Re: The first bounty on Dust 514? The offer is made.

Jan 18, 2013

Ah right, splicer is your ranked on the forum then maybe? was just reading the wrong bit. Apologies.

Np DT. You will get your isk without issue.

As for having ISK to burn? Yeah, and lots of it :-)

Only a small portion of the Eve population are actually involved in FW or planetary interaction so we have to make use of you Dust bunnies somehow :-P

So, welcome to the blood sports.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Well, now that the PSN is back up, I've had chance to get a review from the Dust forum.

2 points that your wanted some clarity on:

The NDA:

The NDA does not permit you to post videos during the closed beta period. I believe this game moves into open beta soon. The term open means that it is open to the public and therefore the NDA no longer applies. You have been informed of this bounty prior to the open beta so you have a head start over new players joining you for the open beta. Consider this my gift to you for taking part in the closed beta.

Transferal of the reward:

The isk will be transfered to whom ever completes the contract in what ever manner CCP permits, when CCP permits it. 

Good luck on your hunt.

I'll give 10m ISK to whoever is the 1st to copy and paste this onto the Dust 514 forum as a reply to the previously posted topic.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Update post made.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Yup, thank you for the post.

Payments to be made thus far:

+ Posting errand #1 - dtoracle - 50 million ISK - Pending.

+ Posting errand #2 - dtoracle - 10 million ISK - Pending.

+ Completion of contract - ? - 500 million ISK - Awaiting completion.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 21, 2013

So, is there much of a response from the Dust community from what you've seen?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

There are a few mercs who showed interest. But many are concerned about the NDA & the payment method. But I'm sure someone will complete the contract by next week, once open beta starts.

Also, It's practically a gaurentee that transfers will be taxed, & quite heavly intially. My question is, if the contract payment be pre or post tax?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Well, seeing this post is the first I've heard of any tax.

Anyway, I've been away and spoken to a few peeps and this is what we got so far....

If there is indeed going to be a tax on isk transfers then all of us are at the whim of CCP and what they set the tax rate to. It is my intention to get as much of the 500 million ISK to the employed Dust merc (he who completes the contract) as possible. That said, if the tax rate will be 90%, as I've seen a couple of people suggest although not from any credible source, then you are going to struggle to find an Eve player willing to spend 5 billion isk on 5 deaths of a Dust merc. Eve players won't pay that much to have other Eve players killed 5 times let alone Dust mercs.

However, from what I have heard and seen of Dust, most battles will only net a merc about 100,000 - 200,000 ISK. So, even with a tax rate of 90% on this bounty you'll be earning a solid 50m from this contract which would take you 250 battles at 200k per match... Not exactly bad pay for 5 kills when it's something you're meant to be doing anyway.

Nevertheless, as I have already stated it is my intention to get as much of the 500m to the employed merc as possible. I have also been informed that it is highly unlikely that the 90% tax rate (if it is adopted) will exist for any large period of time and this tax rate would be reduced to 70%, 50% etc. Until the financial systems between Dust and Eve balance. As this is more likely to be the case, it will be up to the employed Dust merc to decide when they receive payment, taking into consideration the tax rate.

The payment method, timing etc. of the ISK can be easily negotiated once the contract is complete and I know who I am dealing with, and once we know exactly how CCP will allow us to transfer ISK.

Keep in mind that the 500 million ISK need not necessarily be paid in the form of ISK to the Dust merc. Once more development takes place there may be more options available such as trading items. If this were the case then I could send items up the value of 500m to the employed merc. Whatever options are available the payment method, up to the value of 500 million ISK, will be the choice of the employed Dust merc.

Either way, it is nothing to be concerned about. The link between Dust and Eve is already underway and the transfer of ISK and items is inevitable. 500 million ISK is here in Amarr Prime waiting to be paid, the developments forging the links between Eve and Dust that will allow for payment are already in the works, all that remains is a completed contract and a bit of time.

As I'm sure you're not the only one to ask about this could you paste this message on the other forum thread in the usual fashion please. There will be another 10m added to your IOU upon completion. You're doing a good job and making a tidy profit for a Dust merc. Continue and I believe I will have future work for you once this contract is complete. Carrying with it a more entertaining wage packet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Dust mercs are immortal XD there is no way to kill them, duh! So kill one and see if they dont come back over and over and over XD. The bounty is worthless and BS.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (106 Views)
0 Likes