Sep 14 2013
By: Jackatron Wastelander 677 posts

Tips?

9 replies 233 views Edited Sep 14, 2013
Okay so I got the new update this week. I'm starting my character again after so long of not playing for a while.

What should I do for a beginner what to upgrade, skill to use/spend on and what is the best weapons to use etc...

I have so many questions that I can't think of for now the beginner stuff.

Leave me good pro tips on the comment section below! Thanks!
Message 1 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Re: Tips?

Sep 14, 2013
This is more of a gameplay tip but.....

1. Use cover.
2. Stay with teamates
3. Don't attack somebody with a better suit than you.
Message 2 of 10 (214 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Right on the money, Supertman.  And I think Plymco gave someone some great advice too somewhere.  OTHER shooting games were about first getting the best weapons to shoot... You get great in Dust by leaving "weapon skill-ups" for LATER.  

FIRST learn protection: that's mastering cover, mastering group awareness, figthing in a flock instead of solo, and using your skill SP only to build your dropsuit.  

The players who didn't heed this kind of non-conventional FPS lesson, are the ones who got hurt the most in overspent SP, or continue to feel pain each time Dust patches rearrange the module and aim-assist stats.

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 3 of 10 (208 Views)
PlayStation MVP
50166 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Jackatron wrote:
Okay so I got the new update this week. I'm starting my character again after so long of not playing for a while.

What should I do for a beginner what to upgrade, skill to use/spend on and what is the best weapons to use etc...

I have so many questions that I can't think of for now the beginner stuff.

Leave me good pro tips on the comment section below! Thanks!

First decide on a role and pick the appropriate dropsuit (see the stickied dropsuit specs thread):

Vehicles

Logistics (support)

Assault

Sniping

Anti-Vehicle

Then concentrate on spending the skill points that relate to that role.      And read PhoenixArcher128's stickied thread BEFORE you spend any skill points!

Message 4 of 10 (205 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Sep 15, 2013
I need a respect....

And here's why....

Every once in a while I have a crazy dream of what role I can play in dust. Once I had a thought of being a medic with only a pistol and one day I had a dream of being a sniper. Then that day I dump skill points into something that I end up hating......

Don't be like me.....
Message 5 of 10 (200 Views)
Wastelander
677 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Thanks for the tips it helped a lot.
Message 6 of 10 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Sep 15, 2013

1.when hacking objectives,always check your sorroundigs before hacking,75% of the time,you are usually being watched by enemies,if you spot an enemy,and are outnumbered,consider retreating,espeecilaly afainst prototypes.

2.never assume that snipers aren't watching you,it could be your las mistake.if you notice somethings not right,try telling your team mates.

Message 7 of 10 (192 Views)
Wastelander
677 posts

Sep 15, 2013

gendrake61 wrote:

1.when hacking objectives,always check your sorroundigs before hacking,75% of the time,you are usually being watched by enemies,if you spot an enemy,and are outnumbered,consider retreating,espeecilaly afainst prototypes.

2.never assume that snipers aren't watching you,it could be your las mistake.if you notice somethings not right,try telling your team mates.

I try to watch my sorroundings and yeah snipers do kill me while standing there so I try to hide, stay behind buildings and stay away from the open.

Message 8 of 10 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Snipers are always watching me.....
Message 9 of 10 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Oct 9, 2013
Hip fire helps

Always check your six

Never rush in straight lines and avoid open fields

Cooked grenades satisfy mobs of angry folks

Squad up and squad up often

Drop those nanohives

When you reach an objective look down for the burnt toast aka the remote explosive

Rarely do I assist hack, I normally try to cover my teammate due to enemies hiding in wait
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." -gR3yGh051

Photobucket

"Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy!"
Message 10 of 10 (139 Views)