Sep 02 2011
By: KAGEHOSHI- Survivor 2956 posts

To CCP (if you read this): My wishes for Dust 514

5 replies 62 views Edited Sep 2, 2011

There are 4 things I want or concern me about Dust 514 (well I want more, but other things I want would completely change the game).

1_ Environmental variety.

If were going to be fighting on a variety of planets then there should be a variety of landscapes, like volcanic terrain, arctic terrain (maybe with frozen methane caps or Co2 caps), variety of different sky colors and atmospheric thicknesses, even different levels of gravity. I worry that CCP won't have nearly as much environmental variety as it should.

2_ Gameplay.

My main fear in gameplay is bullet damage, I want it to take about as many or more shots to kill someone compared to MAG. I don't want any 1 hit kills, including knives/melees, grenades... but I won't mind a sniper rifle headshot being 1HK too much, and rocket launchers can be 1HK as long as the explosive range isn't that wide. Other than that I have no worries about gameplay because you can customize your character in ways to compensate, like if movements is too slow then you can customize your character to be faster with modules or something.

3_ Battle Duration.

I don't want batles that only last 20 minutes, I hope some games will be able to last for 30+ minutes. When you are really into a battle, and you don't want it to end so soon.

4_ Gadgets/technology.

I really would like a variety of battlefeld technology available to be bought and deployed the same way vehicles are. For example, I think it would be nice to have a flying defense drone to help guard objectives.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Re: To CCP (if you read this): My wishes for Dust 514

Sep 4, 2011

i think bullet damage may be my biggest concern as well.  I don't want a twitch shooter.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Sep 7, 2011

RSPetree wrote:

i think bullet damage may be my biggest concern as well.  I don't want a twitch shooter.

Running a marathon for ALS click the link to learn more http://als.stepsfordoug.com/ Photobucket

I'm sorry but there will be OHK SR's seeing as everything will be upgradable you will need the better armor to combat that. It's a hardcore game look at the EVE gameplay of there alliance tournaments anything goes long range high damage or ecm jammers locking up the enemy. I'm sure that it would take a while to upgrade a SR in game though to OHK status but of course there will probably be draw backs but thats why counter snipers will be important in the game the maps are 5k x 5k well some of the bigger ones.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Sep 7, 2011

I can get behind this wish list.  I'm most concerrned about the gameplay issues, but I would welcome environmental effects:  Weather; rain... an intermittent wind obscuring a distant target with dust; day/night variable light levels; terrain and sky colors; surface friction effects for ice/liquid...

I would love this, but it would be a bonus for me..after gameplay...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Sep 9, 2011

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

RSPetree wrote:

Running a marathon for ALS click the link to learn more http://als.stepsfordoug.com/ Photobucket

I'm sorry but there will be OHK SR's seeing as everything will be upgradable you will need the better armor to combat that. It's a hardcore game look at the EVE gameplay of there alliance tournaments anything goes long range high damage or ecm jammers locking up the enemy. I'm sure that it would take a while to upgrade a SR in game though to OHK status but of course there will probably be draw backs but thats why counter snipers will be important in the game the maps are 5k x 5k well some of the bigger ones.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V. Photobucket

I should have elaborated a little bit more, I don't mind ohk weapons.  But when i'm being shot at by an assault riflemen with horrible aim, I want to have time to react and pop him in the head. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Sep 10, 2011

In order of the points presented:

1. I agree completely. As much variety as possible is needed. That said, there is a Gamasutra interview that states that the maps will be similar to each, but CCP intends to work some differences here and there on them so that they can vary from planet to planet. Mind you, I'm paraphrasing here. The actual interview below:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6475/ambitious_plans_the_marriage_of_.php?page=3

It speaks of battle terrains and how they intend to make them a little more varied than just carbon copies of each other.

2. I am against very low bullet damage, though under the same vein I don't want each gun to kill in one hit. There has to be a balance, like MAG in its open beta days.

3. I remember an old, old interview that said that the battle will indeed last 20+ minutes, so no concerns there.

4. I'm pretty sure we will have drones as deployable assets (remember the sentry turret in the Eve Forever video?) so the only question is how they will be deployed (whether by deployment from the commander or some other means).

Anyway, I'd like to add to that list that I want a smooth interface for the commander, with the option of using a mouse and keyboard instead if you have them. That would be just peachy for me.

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Worlds will burn. The CMC will start the fires.
http://cmchq.lefora.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (62 Views)
0 Likes