First, a Cinematic Trailer,
Now some for some new details
- The Vita isn't getting Dust 514 right now, but rather "Dust 514: Neocomp" or something like that. Basically a management app. They are exploring the possibilities of a full on Vita version with cross play.
- There will be a PVE mode (i.e. singleplayer, co-op). It'll act much like a horde mode. You'll have to defend bases against waves of ai, only the ai won't be human models, they will be rogue drones from EVE. They had a picture but I didn't capture it, but just think large robot ship things, it looked pretty sweet. This will be avaiable in 2012.
- There will also be a gladiator arena mode that will support modes such as Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, etc. that won't have a direct impact on the combined EVE and Dust world but would be more for pure entertainment. Dust and EVE players will also be able to spectate and bet on these matches. This will be available in an expansion in early 2013.
- When the game launches it will only be the thousands of temperate planets in EVE, but they are also working on non-temperate planet like the gas planets and lava planets and such that would possibly require vehicles to help navigate. Here is a quick glimpse they gave us, keep in mind it's still not fully developed yet and I was watching the low quality stream. This will be available in an expansion in early 2013.
- Dust 514 will also contain resources that can be found on the battlefield. You can collect these resources and either sell them to another player for real money or use them to create your own unique new guns, equipment, and vehicles which you can then either use yourself or sell to another player for real money.
Sir i would love to have this game right now, i just need more people to know about this. The view for Dust on youtube is very little, Sony better have a strong marketing plan for this because not many people who own a ps3 know about this game.