Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Re: Practice Training for SEMI-Newberrys. and Battle Academy Advancers

Aug 19, 2013

So I'f I'm the person who just "HAS TO" have anything I unlocked go to level 5 am I an "Artificer"

I will have to get all my skills and list them :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Aug 20, 2013

:smileyvery-happy: Pilgrim, yes, if your character's doing support rather than firing rounds, you are an Artificer. 

But you're a BROKE, Bancrupt, Penniless Artificer!  Level 5 on every skill you start??!! 

I've seen the SP COST of some of those level 5's---it breaks the pencil in my mouth and makes my eyes bug out. 

Tell me you're not spending tons of SP just to get Level 5 on everything, Plymco. 

You DO know the bonuses in some of those Skill categories don't always benefit the Artificer type you might specialize in.   Armour Plating Level 5 bonuses might help the Gallente tank operator, but might not be of value to the Gallente LAV driver past Level 3. 

I figure you know what you're doing (:smileywink: Artificers usually ARE the most resourceful and ingenious mercs on the map, hehe), but Yikes, Level 5 on everything?!

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Aug 20, 2013

I might be....well not reload speed yet, that one is 1 million :smileytongue:

I have a lot at level 5 though, but its stuff that directly relates to my logistic support role.  For example, nano stuff is at 5, drop uplinks at 5, my suits base armor/shield at 5, armor plates/rep (gallente armor ftw) 5.   I have a lot of stuff at 4 too for the dropsuit.

Then there is my Assault Rifle, level 5 for everything except capacity and PG reduction (well and that level 4 reload but I'll never unlock that)

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Oct 28, 2013

Wow, been a long time since I posted any new advice here. 

But Patch 1.5 has made me enthusiastic, so:

If you're still getting used to the SERIOUSLY UNIQUE aim-assist, or you don't feel comfy running with fellow mercs into that room where a lot of explosions and gun flashes are coming from, you're not alone.  Many players opt to find safety behind a nice chunky turret installation instead of travelling around with a rifle.  That's OK, it's not WP camping, or AFKing, provided you're learning to use the turret gun productively...

LARGE TURRET INSTALLATION ADVICE:

1-  The RAILGUN or missile installations are FAR-range weapons (the railgun reaches out  the 'farthest' of any single weapon in Dust).  If you choose to man one of these, patrol the far opposite side of the map and the middle of the map for any enemy that moves.  Don't spend any time aiming at enemy that are near to you--these guns will attract the enemy over to kill you faster than you can train your gun to kill them when they get near you.  Once an enemy gets close, it's safer just to exit your gun and run--err, I mean withdraw. 

2-  When manning a Railgun/Missile battery, suddenly everything seems like a tasty target (enemy dropship above, enemy RDV on the left) but NO.  You will help your team the most if you focus on GROUND enemy -  HAV's and LAV's are what you should hunt -  they fear your railgun the most, and when they take damage from you, they usually run for shelter and can't spend much time attacking your buddies.  Everyone likes to aim their railgun installation up at an approaching dropship, but destroying an experienced DS driver can take up your skill and time... and the dropship you're chasing around isn't nearly as dangerous to your team as the HAV that's rolling around the map hammering every null point.

3- The BLASTER installation is the complete opposite of the railgun/missile type.  It is best in CLOSE range.  Man this gun only if you intend to guard a friendly structure or friendly null point that your buddies had to leave unprotected.  Avoid using the gun on any juicy target that's just too far away to hit--- believe it or not the sound of a blaster being controlled by a player sounds different from one that's operating on "auto"-- the sound will only attract headhunters who want to sneak up and on a preoccupied merc and her high-WP installation.

4-  Once you've hacked an installation, all enemy railgun/missile/blaster installations are also targets you should be hunting... but NOT the NEUTRAL INSTALLATIONS!  Lots of players love to destroy every "neutral yellow" installation they can find for the WP rewards,... but when a group of buddies is trying to take/defend an objective, they use (and often seriously NEED) heavy gun support to help against a counterattack. That nearby available gun installation can help them hold the ground they just won.  Don't rob your buddies of a gun they can use---DON'Tshoot those neutral installations unless you see them hacked and turn red.

5-  If you plan to sit out the match at a safe gun installation, carry a malitia hand-repair unit on your dropsuit.  It costs pennies to buy, but when an enemy round starts damaging your gun installation, you don't need to get blown up with it.  Quickly step back and activate the repper to build your installation's health back up.  The cheapest repper can help your installation even withstand five or six missile swarm attacks (and make the enemy swarm carrier scratch his head and walk away :smileylol:).

6- This is a WARNING... If you follow items 1 through 5, you will become an expert gunnery operator.  This will become DANGEROUS  for you!  Once the upper right corner of the tv keeps flashing "Milla Slater railguns Bob Throneberry" :smileymad:, "Milla Slater railguns Paula's 300K Logi-Baloch", "Milla Slater railguns Koochie's 1-mill ISK HAV, with Koochie in it" :smileyfrustrated:, your victims will take it personally,  drop every mission objective they were thinking about, respawn carrying the biggest bop-gun they could scrounge up to buy, and cross the map looking for Milla Slater's turret installation! :smileysurprised:

So practice this good habit:  When your favorite gun turet has suddenly built a lot of WP for you, ABANDON the turret and relocate somewhere.  Change to some other installation (or some other job entirely) until the bounty on your head is forgotten about.

Have fun!:smileytongue:

CDIA252709-fle30030 MILLASLATER.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (71 Views)