PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Re: Trying to like the game...

Feb 14, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Ha you must be worse than me XD I play on 1 for sensitivity for call of duty and I think it's too fast but on dust I have 100 and it feels slow to me.

I'm so weird ._.

Yeah, I usually end up going into the options when I first get to move around in a Shooter to knock the sensitivity down cause I can't play with it too fast.  I know other people love to have it turned up so they can spin like a top or whatever but I just can't do it.  I end up overshooting my aim way too much.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 136 (331 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46902 posts

Feb 14, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Yeah, got accepted. Dust name is the same: SlashZaku.

Been reading up on the official Dust forums and apparently the spawns are being dealt with in the next patch and foliage is coming too. Should be nice. I see other posts over there talking about the sensitivity and such too and that CCP is still tweaking the mechanics so I guess I can see how that goes.

Yeah i had to turn mine way down to stop overshooting my target every time I adjust my aim.  

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 136 (327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Just keep in mind that this is a beta. Things are changing constantly that we palyers can't "see" and we must adjust our gaming. I am not normally a fps guy but this game will break all the rules when the beta ends so I'm on board!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 136 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Feb 23, 2013
I had a rough time the first couple days trying to figure everything out, I was like "what did I get myself into"??? But once I figured out what I wanted to pour my SP into and played with a few people that helped me out a bit I really got into it, this game could use a small training map or something before being thrown to the wolves, it took me about 30 deaths to finally get a kill the first day :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 136 (308 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Haven't played in the last week+ so I think I'm just waiting for the next major update to roll out before I do touch the game again =\ See what's added, see what's fixed and so on.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 136 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Played a few rounds last night and this morning. Still horrible at it, still waiting for a new major update.

The batch of matches I've played, maybe won 2 out of 8 cause I seem to be getting tossed on some really sad teams :smileyindifferent: We either have no bases in Skirmish or we're being steamrolled into a corner of the map in Ambush. I think I may just stay away from Skirmish for the time being because of the above happening way too often. Ambush, just need a bit more teamwork at the very least. Last one I played, we won. It's just a few of the times when I've played the mode, we run into enemy armor and when I switch to take it out or a few of us try to, we get picked off by enemy infantry or aren't even putting a dent in the thing (the tanks and in one match, a pestering dropship that I know I must of put 5-6 rockets into but it'd just fly around and come back in full health. Never seemed to have anyone to gang up on it 2-3 at a time). Other than that, if it sticks mainly to infantry battles, I feel more 'comfortable'.

Also decided to start using one of the custom loadouts I made since I've been sticking to the defaults (still not too big on the consumable approach but whatever). I might just start using the one I made. Using the Breach Assault Rifle, I feel it's more up my alley due to the way it fires compared to the Militia one. Also have Proximity Mines on the fitting which kind of surprised me at first cause I forgot I put some SP into getting the skill :smileyvery-happy: Too bad I can't toss it too far but it's actually pretty nice to cover our flank on certain maps (we were sort of confined to a facility in the last map we played). So right now, I think I'm going to work around this fitting in particular and try and see what I can improve.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 136 (248 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46902 posts

Mar 6, 2013

The consumable, isk items, weigh a lot less and work better than most of the militia items which never run out. 

What you can do is take one of those militia suits and just start subbing in other items here and there.    I personally like using the shield extenders/rechargers and armor plate/repair for my assault suits.    Sometimes I use something instead of the armor plate but the armor repairer i keep.

What time of the day, eastern, are you usually gaming?  I dont get on until after 9pm but I still want to squad with you and maybe spend 30 min just talking about the skills/loadouts while in game together.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 136 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7457 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Have Slash set his alarm on Saturday for 7am and I'll squad up with ya :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 136 (245 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I think I'm good on what I want to do with skills right now. Just probably need some advice on the loadouts, specifically what you mentioned in Shields and Armor. I know I need to work on that so I can actually last in a fight.

EST, any time that works. Really have no set time to get on. I think right now, the biggest aspect I'm missing is playing with others who can work together. I'll see about adding you and GOW next time I get on.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 136 (240 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46902 posts

Mar 6, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Have Slash set his alarm on Saturday for 7am and I'll squad up with ya :smileywink:

8 am!   :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 136 (237 Views)
0 Likes