Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
49157 posts

Re: Trying to like the game...

Mar 6, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
I think I'm good on what I want to do with skills right now. Just probably need some advice on the loadouts, specifically what you mentioned in Shields and Armor. I know I need to work on that so I can actually last in a fight.

EST, any time that works. Really have no set time to get on. I think right now, the biggest aspect I'm missing is playing with others who can work together. I'll see about adding you and GOW next time I get on.

I had this thread open in a tab for about 30 min before responding so I did not see this post.

I always got on weeknights around 930 pm eastern and on the weekend, like was said in the post above, i tend to get on early in the morning.   If you want maybe this sat/sun we can group up and talk loadouts.  

What are you using anyway?  Assault? Scout? heavy?   

Message 21 of 136 (247 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I'm probably free that early so I'll get back to you on that :smileyhappy:

Right now, I'm running Assault on my main. Thinking of making 2 variations though, 1 with Proximity Mines and 1 with something else but I don't know what. I'm thinking of leaning on the Nanohive.

Message 22 of 136 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49157 posts

Mar 6, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
I'm probably free that early so I'll get back to you on that :smileyhappy:

Right now, I'm running Assault on my main. Thinking of making 2 variations though, 1 with Proximity Mines and 1 with something else but I don't know what. I'm thinking of leaning on the Nanohive.

Cool.  

I have maybe 20 assault loadouts by the way.  Most have one item different.  I can definately help you out with the assault loadout. 

Message 23 of 136 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 7, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Have Slash set his alarm on Saturday for 7am and I'll squad up with ya :smileywink:

8 am!   :smileytongue:

But my wife wakes up earlier now.... :smileysad: Totally kills my game time in half.

Message 24 of 136 (238 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49157 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Message 25 of 136 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

Hmm...seems like I'm getting the hang of things. Played a quick match of Ambush and started off pretty poorly with my Breach AR setup so I decided to save what I had left (like 6 until I could buy more) and went with the default Enforcer fitting. Went 16/6 and came in first with 1080 points. Felt like I was doing a good job holding down the fort and had enough support around me to cover any way the enemy could come in. Match felt good for a change.

EDIT:  Switched up to Ambush OMS and feel like the pace is much better.  Don't know why.  Isn't the only difference the dropping of installations?

Message 26 of 136 (241 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

Mar 10, 2013
So I played this morning, before 7 (so before Plymco or GOW got on) and got off after I went to Battle Finder and was returning me no results =\ If you'll are up for it tomorrow morning, I'll try and do 7-8am.

I'm enjoying the game more the past few days. Still a few rough firefights, still a few gripes (right now HMG clowns) but overall, much better feeling about the game than before. Looking more forward to the future updates now less for what they 'fix' and now for more what they 'add'.

I've current maxed the one AR skill that works on your kick and leads into Proficiency so I'll be working on that skill next to help on weapon damage. Bought the other ARs that were for ISK (Burst, Tactical) and I think the Militia and Breach are more to my liking. Burst takes some getting used to but the Tactical's single shot just throws me completely off in a firefight.

Message 27 of 136 (230 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5730 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Level 5 AR operations is good. That way you can use the douvolle AR which is a great gun.

Breach guns suck (they were halfway decent but people QQed nerf so they nerfed it, now everyone switched to the next strongest gun which is the douvolle)

And trust me once you get to the GEK (with mods) or the douvolle heavies are nothing but a +50.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 28 of 136 (227 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Ah, so Breach guns were nerfed at some point? Wish they'd do that with HMGs. Seems every other person I run into is using an HMG or I spawn in somewhere and get mowed down by one. Annoying as sin :smileyindifferent:

Speaking spawns, kind of want to take back my being happy about them. I know they're supposed to be 'random' but once the enemy learns the general area of them (that aren't uplink spawns or on CRUs), they can still camp you. I've been the victim of this in 2-3 Ambush matches.

Also, is the Anti-Vehicle role really prominent or no? I played a match where the enemy called in a single tank and steamrolled us. I switched to the AV fitting and didn't put a dent in him (he mowed me down). A few matches later, my team called in 2 tanks and we steamrolled the enemy team (tanks didn't die). I've noticed the same with Dropships: standard AV fitting doesn't do squat to the vehicle(s) and they just end up steamrolling or becoming too much of a deterrent of doing anything. I'm actually considering making that Sentinel (?) class focused specifically on AV combat for a 2nd account.

And why isn't there a way to switch characters? Seems annoying to have to exit out of the game to change.

Message 29 of 136 (224 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49157 posts

Mar 11, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Hmm...seems like I'm getting the hang of things. Played a quick match of Ambush and started off pretty poorly with my Breach AR setup so I decided to save what I had left (like 6 until I could buy more) and went with the default Enforcer fitting. Went 16/6 and came in first with 1080 points. Felt like I was doing a good job holding down the fort and had enough support around me to cover any way the enemy could come in. Match felt good for a change.

EDIT:  Switched up to Ambush OMS and feel like the pace is much better.  Don't know why.  Isn't the only difference the dropping of installations?

Yes that is the only difference between the 2 modes. 

Sorry I missed gaming with you sunday morning.  I have to send you a friends request or you can send me one (or a message if my list is full).  

Message 30 of 136 (217 Views)
0 Likes