Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Re: Trying to like the game...

Mar 27, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Built up another 200k in SP and maxed out my Weaponry skill. Seems I'm dropping people quicker now since playing a few matches. Like I'm chewing through the shields and getting right into the health after a few rounds into people (I do also have some levels in Proficiency).

Sharpshooter should be next after weaponry.  The increase in range is very noticeable!   I have mine to level 5 now and love it :smileytongue:

Message 61 of 136 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Well, played a Ambush match and sat in a tank the entire time. Went 6/0 and came in 2nd with almost 2k WP. Tank driver went 34/0 with over 2k. Enemy team got stomped. The very next match, same small **bleep** map (seems to be the only map in Ambush :smileyindifferent:), enemy team was stomping us with 2 tanks. Tanks really do ruin Ambush as it seems no one is ever setup well enough to take the **bleep** things on.

Just dawned on me outside of combat, the game is 3rd person. Should add a mode/setting for that. Funny enough, for the graphic complaints, it looks better from that point of view.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Message 62 of 136 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I can wipe out even the best of tanks with my proto swarm launcher and 3 complex damage mods, problem is I need others to protect me as its on my A series logi with no sidearm.
People just don't help protect you in pub matches :smileysad:
Message 63 of 136 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I'm going to start putting points into the Forge Gun. At the very least, I'll be able to take on infantry with it compared to a Swarm Launcher.

Message 64 of 136 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I may have to jump on this sometime this weekend and give it another shot at liking it.  Haven't played in like 3 weeks.

Message 65 of 136 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6430 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Dust is really frustrating. Getting killed by a blaster installation makes me want to rip my hair out. Plus dust feels clunky. If they improve the feel, I will really like it!
Message 66 of 136 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 30, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
Dust is really frustrating. Getting killed by a blaster installation makes me want to rip my hair out. Plus dust feels clunky. If they improve the feel, I will really like it!

At this point, I need something more than Ambush and Skirmish.  Ambush is the same 2 maps and Skirmish always turns into me being on teams that let the enemy take objectives...wait, I mean my team just hands them over :smileyindifferent:

It's just not enjoyable for me and I end up quitting the game disappointed/not having fun/mad rather than the opposite.  I don't mind losing if it's by a close margin or I feel like my team was actually trying/we had a chance but with Dust, that's just hardly never the case for me.  I don't mind seeing the 'Defeat' screen if only I wasn't getting mowed down most of the match just as I spawned or getting wrecked by a tank throughout (or what I love, getting the jump on the enemy just to have a teammate spawn right on him and kill me before I get my kill which never happens in favor for me :smileyindifferent:).  The game is an "LOL/F' this, I'm done..." affair most of the time.

Message 67 of 136 (135 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Another thing, I'm either not seeing any Medics in game or when I do see them (when you die and it tells you one is in the vicinity), they don't help me out. I will wait till I bleed out looking for someone to pick me up and it never happens. I'm thinking of running the standard Medic kit for bit if I do keep playing or reconfiguring it with a better AR just to take up the role (would be nice if selecting the tool wasn't so cumbersome as well).

Message 68 of 136 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Think I might be bailing =\

Right now, I'm jonesing for Defiance and I'm gonna see about when I'll be picking that up (this month or next) so I figure that'll take up most of my time going forward and for the small patches between that, I have Dead or Alive 5 and Gundam Battle Operation.  Between those 3, I'm probably good till the next big release that interests me (Last of Us or Beyond depending on if I don't play catch up). 

Dust just needs a huge overhaul for me at this point to be 'fun'.  I get frustrated with other games but with Dust, it's something special.  Battle Operation has some rough aspects too for being a F2P game but it's Gundam which I love and I seem to be able to find matches more to my liking (winning-losing either way, some close matches or landslide ones, still unlocking stuff and content still being added to be unlocked).  DOA5 is rough for me online but I have Versus to fall back on and can lose an hour+ in that.  Dust is really the odd man out here.

Message 69 of 136 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Mar 31, 2013
^^^ I don't blame you, all I do now is grind to get my weekly sp cap in hopes for the new build in may, if they don't change some significant things I'll be looking for my next game to get stuck on
Message 70 of 136 (126 Views)