Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Re: Trying to like the game...

Mar 31, 2013

waablammmo wrote:
^^^ I don't blame you, all I do now is grind to get my weekly sp cap in hopes for the new build in may, if they don't change some significant things I'll be looking for my next game to get stuck on

I don't even grind.  I just check in whenever to spend whatever has built up from the passive SP and to see if I can have some fun but I always end up just leaving with a bitter taste after a few matches.  Good matches for me in this game are a needle in a haystack rarity.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Message 71 of 136 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 2, 2013

LOL I signed in the other just to see how much SP I had accrued just sitting there and leveled up a bunch of crap. Awesome. I don't even have to play to keep getting anything. A year from now I'll be able to sign on and max out EVERYTHING!  Hopefully the game will be done by then yah?

Message 72 of 136 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Apr 2, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

LOL I signed in the other just to see how much SP I had accrued just sitting there and leveled up a bunch of crap. Awesome. I don't even have to play to keep getting anything. A year from now I'll be able to sign on and max out EVERYTHING!  Hopefully the game will be done by then yah?

According to their blog posting yesterday, the May 6th 'Uprising' build is supposed to be their first 'full release' build, not a beta one.  So aside from what was mentioned (graphic update, UI update/streamlining, Planetary Conquest, more gear), I assume it should have more modes and other 'full' features as well.

I mentioned it in the other thread but I played one more match yesterday and ended up deleting it =\  I'll check it out again the week of May 6th but I don't see myself playing it again till then and we'll see how 'then' goes.

Message 73 of 136 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Another thing, I'm either not seeing any Medics in game or when I do see them (when you die and it tells you one is in the vicinity), they don't help me out. I will wait till I bleed out looking for someone to pick me up and it never happens. I'm thinking of running the standard Medic kit for bit if I do keep playing or reconfiguring it with a better AR just to take up the role (would be nice if selecting the tool wasn't so cumbersome as well).

THe medics, they need a distance meter for the medic so they know how far away the dead guy is and maybe for the dead guy so they know how far away the medics are.

I saw your posts about being done for now, I get it, I only play the game 2 or 3 times a week because it still has a few frustrations for me.   You going to give it another shot after the may update?

I'm really nervous about the new players totally hating this game.  Its hard @ first to just even realize what the skills, market, and loadouts are and how they work.  On top of that they will start with garbage gear that can't even ding up my shields, never mind my armor.   I just hope they can give the newer people a safer place to play than with the proto/advanced gear people!

Message 74 of 136 (136 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Apr 2, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:
Another thing, I'm either not seeing any Medics in game or when I do see them (when you die and it tells you one is in the vicinity), they don't help me out. I will wait till I bleed out looking for someone to pick me up and it never happens. I'm thinking of running the standard Medic kit for bit if I do keep playing or reconfiguring it with a better AR just to take up the role (would be nice if selecting the tool wasn't so cumbersome as well).

THe medics, they need a distance meter for the medic so they know how far away the dead guy is and maybe for the dead guy so they know how far away the medics are.

I saw your posts about being done for now, I get it, I only play the game 2 or 3 times a week because it still has a few frustrations for me.   You going to give it another shot after the may update?

Yeah, they do.  I've run Medic at times and see the icon off to the side and when I turn, it's clear across the field.  If I could simply see 10-15m away from me or whatever, that'd be great.  Same for being the downed guy: being able to see the Medic is steadily closing the distance to you so you know at least someone is coming would save some clones.

Yeah, gonna give it a go when they roll out the new update and see how I feel about it then.  A month off should be good.

Message 75 of 136 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Slash you caught me editing my post :smileytongue:

after a month off you'll have like 500k sp to spend!

Message 76 of 136 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Apr 2, 2013
I'll probably just max Sharpshooting (?) for my AR then and grab something else. And I'm assuming you need a Heavy suit to use the Forge Gun? I bought 2 different ones to use but when I went to fit them, they didn't show up.

Message 77 of 136 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Apr 2, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
I'll probably just max Sharpshooting (?) for my AR then and grab something else. And I'm assuming you need a Heavy suit to use the Forge Gun? I bought 2 different ones to use but when I went to fit them, they didn't show up.

I'm not sure I've never tried the forge gun out yet.....where is winscar :smileytongue:

Message 78 of 136 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5708 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Forge guns are currently heavy suit only, however in a recent trailer they showed an assault suit using it, so it is subject to change.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 79 of 136 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Forge guns are currently heavy suit only, however in a recent trailer they showed an assault suit using it, so it is subject to change.

Figured.  I'll look into it when I get back to the game then.  Just wanted to have an Assault build that was for AV and preferred the Forge Gun cause it could deal with infantry unlike the Swarm Launcher (no dummy fire unless I missed something).

Message 80 of 136 (150 Views)
0 Likes