Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
624 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

Apr 19, 2013

 

Just a quick suggestion. When it comes to a AV loadout use the swarm launcher with a upgraded sub-machine gun as a secondary. The forge gun takes to long to charge even upgraded to be very useful against infantry. You can also run circles around someone with a forge gun. 99% of the time the guy with the forge is toast b4 he can get a shot off. No i'm not some NOOB! I've been around since cb and pretty much every game I'm in now is nothing but black suits on both teams. Also if your having trouble with Dust go sharpen your skills in MAG. It does wonders. If ya don't believe me just ask the better players in local and you'll see alot have come over from MAG. As for your suggestion for a range meter for medics and downed players it is a must have. Also a confirmed kill stat would be SWEET! Just check my OP post. But anyways have fun and "Good hunting!" Peace! :smileytongue: Btw I LOVE THIS GAME! 

 

The new build looks very very promising. Refinments here and there and it'll be in full b4 ya know it.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 136 (171 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
624 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

Apr 19, 2013

 

As for your OP Slash you should seriously join a corp. The "I'm gonna run off and die" ppl are more than a annoyance. They have the mindset that its run and gun and have very little sense if any of teamwork and tactics. They are out for themselves or they just might be little kids who don't know any better. P.L.U.R! Hope you get back into the fray :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 136 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
1202 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

Apr 20, 2013
Very well thought out post Squinty :smileyvery-happy:
I can tell when someone is HIGHLY intelligent right away!! :smileyhappy: send me a FR so your infinite knowledge may possibly trickle my way:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 136 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
585 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
I'm really nervous about the new players totally hating this game.  Its hard @ first to just even realize what the skills, market, and loadouts are and how they work.  On top of that they will start with garbage gear that can't even ding up my shields, never mind my armor.   I just hope they can give the newer people a safer place to play than with the proto/advanced gear people!

Many people I know who tried the game and quit did so for the exact same reason: until you grind your way to more SP to get the pasive bonuses and better equipment, you just get slaughtered. This week, I even created an alt new character to see what new players go through at the moment, and it's a horrible experience.

 

And if you look at the player base's reaction on the CCP forums, well.... it's Starhawk all over again (the same elitist "Get good or get out" attitude. And we both know how that turned out for Starhawk)

 

edit: Bleeping forum ate my post...

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 136 (161 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
41016 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

Apr 21, 2013

Orpheus_Fool wrote:
(the same elitist "Get good or get out" attitude. And we both know how that turned out for Starhawk)

I *LOATHE* that kind of attitude when it comes to games.  It's why I don't care much for MP, specifically competitive MP.  Some people just want to have fun which doesn't involve getting steamrolled and playing at a competitive level (knowing ever single tactic, etc.) but instead, casually or just to have a decent round with same skilled people.  Why is that a foreign concept?



Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 136 (152 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
45279 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Orpheus_Fool wrote:
(the same elitist "Get good or get out" attitude. And we both know how that turned out for Starhawk)

I *LOATHE* that kind of attitude when it comes to games.  It's why I don't care much for MP, specifically competitive MP.  Some people just want to have fun which doesn't involve getting steamrolled and playing at a competitive level (knowing ever single tactic, etc.) but instead, casually or just to have a decent round with same skilled people.  Why is that a foreign concept?


^ Hence why I created the BHD clan years ago, I wanted a place to just casually tool around with a fun group of gamers in whatever games we want to play.  I was so sick of the "Get good"  "You must play X number of hours @ this time every day"  "if you don't win you suck at life" types of gamers and gaming groups :smileywink:.   Its probably why I end up clashing with those type of people in the shooter forums.

 

I try to go on those dust forums but the layout is just meh to me.  I'll pop on and make a thread when I have feedback/suggestions to make and that is all I do over there.  My last thread was "Alphabetize the Corp list like the Contact list" or something like that.  

 

They just need to make sure that there are SP limited rooms.  0-2million, 1million-5million, 5million +, and a "Any rank can play".  Something like that, maybe I'll go make/bump a thread about it over there.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 136 (139 Views)
Reply
Pistol Proficinado
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
585 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote
They just need to make sure that there are SP limited rooms.  0-2million, 1million-5million, 5million +, and a "Any rank can play".  Something like that, maybe I'll go make/bump a thread about it over there.

 


That would definetely ensure that the game can attract new players. With my alt (about 600k SP), if I'm in a sever with players in militia and standard equipment, it's a really fun game. However the moment the other team is mostly Proto gear, it's pointless to even stay in the match (especially that some players actually found where to camp so they can snipe you the moment you land from your MCC, before you even have a chance to stand up and be able to move).

The other day I was in a match where my team was mostly milita and the other team called in a proto tank (backed by Duvolle weilding Proto infantry). Within less than 3 minutes, about 7 out of the 10 players in my team quit (so did I). it would have been pointless to stay as no milita level weapon (Forge + Swarmers) can do more than just stratch it's shields.

Hopefully CCP is aware of that and it will be fixed in the next build in may. Otherwise, there won't be much more players than what the beta currently has, and that number will dwindle quickly.

 

 

@SlashZaku: You're right! To me, getting good at a game is just a by-product of playing it a lot because it's fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 136 (133 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
41016 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

Apr 22, 2013

Orpheus_Fool wrote:

That would definetely ensure that the game can attract new players. With my alt (about 600k SP), if I'm in a sever with players in militia and standard equipment, it's a really fun game. However the moment the other team is mostly Proto gear, it's pointless to even stay in the match (especially that some players actually found where to camp so they can snipe you the moment you land from your MCC, before you even have a chance to stand up and be able to move).


This is funny to me.  When I first played KZ2 online, the most fun I probably had with it was when you first started out and people had the standard loudouts/class (no Sentry/Bots, no Snipers, no Rocket Launchers, etc.).  Once you got further into unlocking the other classes, I guess something just got lost for me.  If they had a mode where it was just the standard stuff from the beginning, I probably would have stuck with the game.

 

I guess that would be fun for Dust but defeat the purpose at the same time of buying better gear.  Having a Milita only mode.



Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 136 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7000 posts
 

Re: Trying to like the game...

Apr 25, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Orpheus_Fool wrote:
(the same elitist "Get good or get out" attitude. And we both know how that turned out for Starhawk)

I *LOATHE* that kind of attitude when it comes to games.  It's why I don't care much for MP, specifically competitive MP.  Some people just want to have fun which doesn't involve getting steamrolled and playing at a competitive level (knowing ever single tactic, etc.) but instead, casually or just to have a decent round with same skilled people.  Why is that a foreign concept?


^ Hence why I created the BHD clan years ago, I wanted a place to just casually tool around with a fun group of gamers in whatever games we want to play.  I was so sick of the "Get good"  "You must play X number of hours @ this time every day"  "if you don't win you suck at life" types of gamers and gaming groups :smileywink:.   Its probably why I end up clashing with those type of people in the shooter forums.

 

I try to go on those dust forums but the layout is just meh to me.  I'll pop on and make a thread when I have feedback/suggestions to make and that is all I do over there.  My last thread was "Alphabetize the Corp list like the Contact list" or something like that.  

 

They just need to make sure that there are SP limited rooms.  0-2million, 1million-5million, 5million +, and a "Any rank can play".  Something like that, maybe I'll go make/bump a thread about it over there.

 


^Hence why I joined :smileywink:  Exactly what fellow like me was looking for!  I don't wanna sound biased though and say the should check us out at bhdclan.enjin.com or anything though. We do have a great time though at bhdclan.enjin.com lots of cool players and fun coversation :smileywink:

 

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 136 (111 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
41016 posts
 

Re: Game is now Horrible -Uprising Patch

May 8, 2013
Put in some more time today and I'll check out the next update on the 14th but I'm pretty sure I'm dropping this. The gameplay just isn't clicking/fun for me. It's usually me dying cause I'm getting swarmed and have no back up (on objectives) or every time I turn a corner, I'm getting gunned down. The way the game feels results in me being **bleep** poor in gunfights (constantly being outgunned cause I can't stay on target cause of the way the controls feel to me).

The game just lacks the element of fun for me.


Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 136 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes