Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Re: Trying to like the game...

May 14, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Character name is SlashZaku.

And I'm sick of LAVs, or specifically the people using them to do nothing but Go Kart around the map and run others down.

Invest SP in grenades, the Packed AV grenades (level 3 I think) will easily kill the default LAVs people are using to roadkill other players. One or 2 should do the trick. And the cool thing about AVs is that they don't have a timer, they just latch on to a vehicle that drives  nearby and then blow up.

I actually love it when people try to use them like that. They just become easy kills since you can just bait them.

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 136 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 14, 2013
Decided to spec 1 point into each of the new weapons since the entry price is relatively low (ISK price + sub 12k SP for the 1 point needed to use the weapon).

Scrambler Rifle is nice as far as first impressions go. Need to get used to it though but I'm looking to have it replace the AR. Flaylock needs some getting used to too but I may just switch back to the SMG for my sidearm.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 136 (89 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

May 14, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Decided to spec 1 point into each of the new weapons since the entry price is relatively low (ISK price + sub 12k SP for the 1 point needed to use the weapon).

Scrambler Rifle is nice as far as first impressions go. Need to get used to it though but I'm looking to have it replace the AR. Flaylock needs some getting used to too but I may just switch back to the SMG for my sidearm.

Thanks for the feedback as I'm interested in that as well.

If you can play thursday @ 10pm it looks like we are fighting another corp for a district, our old friendly rivals from mag, Deadly Blue Dots.

Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 136 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 15, 2013
Ugh, what a horrible last 2 matches. 1/14/16 (?) and then 0/6/12 or something like that. The first match was Domination and it looked like we were bringing it back but then I looked at our clone reserves and realized we expended most of them trying to take the cannon in the first place. The location of that one cannon was horribad.

Second match was another spawning mess. Died, spawn in on teammates who are surrounded by reds and a tank. Moving or not, may as well die cause other teammates are going to spawn in on you'll too and get a face full too. What's worse is spawning after that in a spot just outside of the general area that the enemy has locked down anyways cause they know you're spawning there, not by choice mind you. If you try to engage one, one of the other 2-3 guys is going to gun you down or the tank is going to get you.

So many horrible firefight situations all around...I guess you can't really call it much of a 'firefight' if you're constantly getting slaughtered and respawning. Will probably be officially done with this by the weekend. Will donate the 32 million ISK to the Corp and be gone.

Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 136 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

May 15, 2013

@Zaku: If you have less than 10 000 WP, I suggest you try soloing instant battle. The regular selection will be gone and you will have no choice but to do "Academy Battles" with other new players. Everyone there is using Militia or Standard equipment at best. The teams are usually pretty even matched and you won't find Proto users spawn camping with their spuads for easy kills.

The experience is completely different than regular public battles with their terrible matchmaking.

Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 136 (73 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

May 15, 2013

Alright, I'll try that and see if it helps. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 136 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

May 15, 2013

Last nights matchmaking seemed really bad, every game I was on a team that was totally dominated.  It was tough!

I saw slash was having "fun" as well.....2 nights ago it was the total opposite, last night it was a nightmare.

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 136 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

May 15, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Character name is SlashZaku.

And I'm sick of LAVs, or specifically the people using them to do nothing but Go Kart around the map and run others down.

:smileyindifferent:

Players have to either learn or stay off some of the toys in this game.  The only effective method I've found for the lightweight LAV is for either the driver or gunner to have a mic on, stop the vehicle at locations where the gunner can aim down a path or popular corridor, and HOLD there long enough for him to hose the people who try to use that path. 

It's classic fire-support for the fellow players on the ground who need it, and you drive the hell out of there only when you come under dangerous fire or are no longer helping fellow grunts out. 

My Playstation Account is dead for the time being, so I hope you guys are finding more good things than bad about yesterday's launch version.:smileywink:

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 136 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 16, 2013
@Orpheus: I may just be over the 10k threshold so I'm probably stuck with the current mess they call matchmaking. I really do feel like I'm not playing with similar skilled people and am playing amongst the wolves.

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 136 (55 Views)
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

May 16, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
@Orpheus: I may just be over the 10k threshold so I'm probably stuck with the current mess they call matchmaking. I really do feel like I'm not playing with similar skilled people and am playing amongst the wolves.

In my case I deleted and recreated my alt so I could play in these battles and try different weapons, especially the Scrambler Riffle. I even purposely don't destroy vehicles or capture objectives and installations to avoid gaining to much WP so I can stay the longest possible time there since it's the only balanced mode in this game.

Once you're out, like you say, you're back amongst the wolves and your punny Militia or Standard weapons just doesn't do enough damage to kill them fast (besides a point blank shotgun or a few headshots with the sniper riffle) and your dropsuit with it's lack of advanced modules is just made out of paper so you die too quickly. At that point, it's not even a matter of skill, it's just that they have more SP allocated than you giving them a whole bunch of passive bonuses, and them having better equipment giving them more damage and hp (and also range I think).

CCP is aware of the (lack of) matchmaking situation and they say they are working on it. However, I do hope they fix this pretty quickly because they will fail to attract more players that what was in the beta, since the players who write it off now most likely will not give it a second look later on no matter how many improvements are made to the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 136 (49 Views)
0 Likes