Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Re: Trying to like the game...

May 13, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I have been having issues, again, with the spawning in the new build.  The old builds had trouble too but then they seemed like they had it fixed, now its back to me spawning too close to enemies again even if I hit auto deploy.   (there aren't always drop uplinks around :smileywink:)

One thing I've noticed is that at the beginning of almost every ambush match, there is always one unlucky player that get spawned straight into the enemy's initial spawn point...

Message 101 of 136 (486 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

:smileylol: That's what I mean about this game.  It's not the FPS we're used to.  We need to stop thinking in terms of getting a fair weapons loudout, being put in the perfect spawn location, and hoarding enough moolah to buy me the pimp-dropsuit. 

Without tactics (single and squad type), developing some techniques (like holding still when you spawn,to make the longest use of your "cloak" effect), and choosing MODULES over weapons (like good active scanners and profile suppressors), you are not going to like this game for very long.  

And the developers are deliberately building this game so that you have to spend LONG grinding time to establish yourself in the EVE environment. 

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 102 of 136 (484 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

May 13, 2013
This is one of those cases for me where I like the idea behind the game and the sci-fi theme but think the execution itself leaves a lot to be desired. It's why I'm ready to drop it after this build and having played the beta. I'm going to try and mix things up weapon wise but there are still the other mechanics that are glaringly annoying to me that I doubt will be handled/changed. The game is more frustrating than fun which for a game, isn't what it's supposed to be for the player.

Message 103 of 136 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

May 13, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
 It's why I'm ready to drop it after this build and having played the beta. I'm going to try and mix things up weapon wise but there are still the other mechanics that are glaringly annoying to me that I doubt will be handled/changed. The game is more frustrating than fun which for a game, isn't what it's supposed to be for the player.

SlashZaku, :smileyvery-happy: you've just described EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD, what many fans say about the game of Golf when they were beginners.  (..err except the words 'weapon-wise", get's replaced with "club-wise").  Golf is meant to be aggravating and gradual to develop.

Maybe I'm unconsciously worn out by all my previous console shooters...maybe that's why what Dust 514 'seems' to be promising (hasn't been released yet, so...) is fascinating me with it's aggravating differences. 

EVE seems like a "gotta think in order to slowly build, ally, and risk" game, using spaceships. 

Dust seems like the same "gotta think, cooperate and ally in order to acheive" game too, using soldiers. 

The PC fans may be right, this game may seduce the patient thinker player, but may be more than the fun-seeking run+gun player can sit long enough to succeed in.  I hope that snobbish idea is wrong, but... maybe it's not a bad thing if the game gradually sheds the quickie gamers from the committed golfers.  :smileyembarrassed: I dunno.  

It's a tough decision that you'll have to make, Slash, but make the decision AFTER the launch version has shown everything. 

I think I've already made my decision.  :smileyindifferent:

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

Message 104 of 136 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

May 13, 2013
I guess I don't get too worked up over certain issues with games, I think it sucks when you spawn in with 10 enemies vs 1, but I don't let it bother me, I just try to take at least one of them with me before im downed and laugh it off, I guess that's why I still stuck so many hours into starhawk, even with all of the problems that game had, I had alot of fun. I don't know if there is really any game out there that wouldn't have some sort of issues in one way or another.. It sucks to hear some of you end up not having fun, but I think this FPS is probably the best one i have ever played, I can't stand the cookie cutter COD types I have tried before, usually I am a die hard TPS gamer
Message 105 of 136 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

May 13, 2013
Like I said, I like the idea behind it but the execution comes off poor to me or just not what I envisioned with the idea. The gunplay just isn't there to keep me interested and my ventures in vehicles have been miserable save for a few rare occasions but even then, I was mainly just racking up assists as the actual driver was doing the heavy lifting.

I don't mind slower, tactical gameplay (in fact I wish Defiance's PvP element was more along those lines instead of the frantic mess it is currently with people running around cloaked with Shotguns and Grenade Launchers) but its just Dust feels 'off'. I'll probably be on after 10est or so and get in a few matches with a more experimental load out to see if I can find something that works.

Message 106 of 136 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

May 14, 2013

The only thing keeping me from really getting into this game is the amount of lag I experience while playing. Trying to snipe is SO frustrating when my targets keep lagging.  Hopefully todays release will change that.

Message 107 of 136 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

May 14, 2013

:smileywink: You just described my progress in the game too, Slash.  Most of my kills were "assists", and some of my vehicle experiments were a bust (hey, when someone grabs your wheels who's just wild one trying to mow targets down instead of holding still at a the end of a corridor so I can use the gun to create a choke point, what can you do but laugh). 

10 EST is usually when I play too. 

What's your character name, and I'll try to keep an eye out for you. 

I'm CELESTA AUNGM.

Message 108 of 136 (58 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

May 14, 2013
Character name is SlashZaku.

And I'm sick of LAVs, or specifically the people using them to do nothing but Go Kart around the map and run others down.

Message 109 of 136 (52 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

May 14, 2013

LighterMatch99 wrote:

The only thing keeping me from really getting into this game is the amount of lag I experience while playing. Trying to snipe is SO frustrating when my targets keep lagging.  Hopefully todays release will change that.

Try turning the aim assist off if you are snipping (its right in the same menu as look sensitivity).   When I shut mine off, surpisingly, my AR was way more accurate and had better hit detection in my opinion.   Try it.

Message 110 of 136 (50 Views)
0 Likes