PlayStation MVP
46584 posts

Re: Trying to like the game...

Mar 11, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Level 5 AR operations is good. That way you can use the douvolle AR which is a great gun.

Breach guns suck (they were halfway decent but people QQed nerf so they nerfed it, now everyone switched to the next strongest gun which is the douvolle)

And trust me once you get to the GEK (with mods) or the douvolle heavies are nothing but a +50.

That cedron breach AR (salvage and store) is pretty nasty on the heavies!  

Like Winscar said, Slash, the prototype guns are a noticeable improvement over the other weapons.  On top of that unlocking the skills that you need to use them makes your character better with all the ARs overall.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 136 (217 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Hmm...seems like I'm getting the hang of things. Played a quick match of Ambush and started off pretty poorly with my Breach AR setup so I decided to save what I had left (like 6 until I could buy more) and went with the default Enforcer fitting. Went 16/6 and came in first with 1080 points. Felt like I was doing a good job holding down the fort and had enough support around me to cover any way the enemy could come in. Match felt good for a change.

EDIT:  Switched up to Ambush OMS and feel like the pace is much better.  Don't know why.  Isn't the only difference the dropping of installations?

Yes that is the only difference between the 2 modes. 

Sorry I missed gaming with you sunday morning.  I have to send you a friends request or you can send me one (or a message if my list is full).  

Think I tried sending you a friend request and was denied because of 'Privacy Settings' on your end.

Anyways, I take back what I said about spawns being better.  Played earlier this morning and they're horribad still in Ambush, probably moreso than before :smileyindifferent:  The one map with the hills (and the spikes jutting up diagonally), is probably too **bleep** small for the amount of people.  Firefights are reduced to both teams shooting at each other from one hill/range to the next.  If you get the 'wrong' hill, you're pretty much ducking into cover everytime you spawn and waiting to die when you peek out or waiting to be flanked by a tank or some clown running people down in an LAV (or in the odd cases, 2-3 enemies walking amongst your team and shooting you in the back like they  just spawned there for kicks).

The game is horrible is spawning you in the middle of a firefight (not enemies spawn camping 'exactly', but actually out in the middle in between both sides fighting as if dropping you onto the frontline without any cover and 5-6 people drawing a bead on you is legit).  Me and a teammate were trading shots with the enemy across the road (their whole team seemed to be pushed over there for the time) from up on the hill in another map and an enemy spawned right in front of us, on the portion of the hill we were using for cover, while we were firing.  He got mowed down without a chance to even turn.

Ambush in general, or maybe its the matchmaking/team balancing, seems to be horrible in the game.  I've been in way too many matches where my team is getting CURBSTOMPED.  6-10 clones left on my team and the enemy has 40-60 on theirs.  If your team gets funneled into certain sections, you may as well just look at the map cause they're going to mow you down as soon as you spawn, even worse if they have a Tank (who happens to go 20+/0 in the match) or 2...or 3 and your team can only call in LAVs or doesn't have anyone actually equipped to take on the heavy armor of the tanks outside of the 'Starter' AV fitting..

Oh, and you can take the HMGs and airlock those clowns :smileyindifferent:  I swear one match I played, I died only by them and every time I turned a corner or went to take on a LAV driver, a HMG user hopped out to mow me down with a laugh :smileyindifferent:  I really hope they add custom rooms or something so I can hop into a 'No HMG' room just to actually relax/enjoy the game.

I'll probably try and stick to/migrate to Skirmish now :smileyvery-happy:  This game :smileyvery-happy:  I have my problems with that mode too though (team issues once again; teammates will just let enemies slip past the line and nab objectives in the back or won't go to defend obvious ones that are being attacked and you try and attempt to on your own.  Or the best ones, where you hold most of the objectives for a good portion of the map and seem to be doing fine and all of a sudden, the enemy has all of them and you're losing.  Don't know why the team just doesn't let them keep 1 or 2 depending on the map and just hold out the tighter bunched ones with the number edge 3-4 to their 1-2).

Right now, as far as Skills, waiting for some more SP before I upgrade AR Prof. to Lv 2.  I've been thinking of getting it there and then focusing on Shields or Armor next.  Maybe see what allows me to use Nanohives that repair too.  I'm also really considering making a Sentinel/AV build on another character slot if I run into Tanks more and more.  Not sure if I want to focus on the Forge Gun or Swarm Launcher though.  Swarm Launcher has the lock on (no dumb fire) but Forge Gun actually allows me to use it against infantry if I must, with devastating results.  Decisions...

EDIT: Should probably be spending ISK too.  I have roughly 4.5 million sitting there, not doing much :smileyvery-happy:  Need to look at my salvage too to see if there is anything useful.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 136 (216 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Mar 15, 2013

How they update this Beta? Does it shows like ''1.xx'' update? Or is it in real time?

I noticed some graphics changes from when I played the game in the launch.

I'm a Playstation fan forever. The best consoles ever since PS1.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 136 (192 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5285 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Actually pilgrim, people think when it says plus 5% to gun spread and kick it actually lowers the accuracy.

It has been tested by several people to he the case but ccp won't say anything on the subject
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 136 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5285 posts

Mar 16, 2013
And slash 4 mill can maybe get me 20 loadouts XD
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 136 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Took maybe a week (?) off and played earlier today. I think that time off did some wonders. Played 2-3 ambush matches and did pretty decent (12/4 and similar). Think it might be because I actually upgraded my AR to something other than the Militia/Breach :smileyvery-happy: Been using the GEK. Gonna steadily tweak my loadout though. Need to put Proximity/Remote mines on one for when I play Skirmish but right now, the one I have just has the GEK and a Ammo/Repair Nanohive.

Need to decide what the next skill is I'm going to work on. Was thinking of adding another level to Weaponry (says 2% to handheld weapons I think) but with the recent matches, I seem to be able to hold my own in the weapon department right now and should work on Shield & Armor.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 136 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5285 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Weaponry to 5 is a must.
Field mechanics
Shield control
Circuitry
Combat engineering

All are great passive benefits
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 136 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

Thanks for the tip. Have about 111k SP saved up and wasn't sure what to spend on. Gonna put some into Weaponry and atleast see if I can up 2 of the others a level.

EDIT: Just played a match of Ambush on the one map that looks like a Mars mining facility.  Enemy was camping us from the middle building and later brought in a tank.  Surprisingly, enough hills around to keep the score close for a time but we lost either way.  Lol moment of the night so far for me is being out of ammo in my AR, no Nanohive to drop and no grenades.  Tank moving in on us, I pull out my pistol, jump on top of the thing and unload 2 clips into it (surprised I got that much into it since I was out in the open) before going down.  Now to put Prox. Mines/Remote Exp. on a fitting.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 136 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5285 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I use the proximity mine on my AV guy. So fun to place them on a choke point and see how many kills you get on LAVs and tanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 136 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
I use the proximity mine on my AV guy. So fun to place them on a choke point and see how many kills you get on LAVs and tanks.

I'm going to start using them because I'm so freaking tired of seeing people drive around in LAVs during Skirmish trying to rack up kills via run downs.  Gonna fix that.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 136 (162 Views)
0 Likes