First Son
18 posts

Re: Vehicles in 1.5 and beyond!

Sep 14, 2013
no way man...create special nanos that can only be carried by logis, specifically for tanks, and the tank has to sit over the nano, at a slower refit rate than common inf nanos. make those nanos high pg/cpu usage so the logis are basically a eeducated armor logi, capable of runnin as a tanker team, and makeit a skilled nano....
Message 21 of 34 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Sep 14, 2013

anarchy_deluxe wrote:
no way man...create special nanos that can only be carried by logis, specifically for tanks, and the tank has to sit over the nano, at a slower refit rate than common inf nanos. make those nanos high pg/cpu usage so the logis are basically a eeducated armor logi, capable of runnin as a tanker team, and makeit a skilled nano....

They already have SOME items like that.  A repair tool has already been fashioned to aid vehicles much faster and more powerfully than  dropsuits repair.  I haven't checked the nanos... but what would be your advantage of a 'vehicle nano' over the 'vehicle repair tools?'

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 22 of 34 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

CCP_Eterne wrote:

Hey guys, just copying over a post from CCP Wolfman on our official forums about where we're taking vehicles in Uprising 1.5 and beyond. We'd love to get your feedback, so you can post here and I'll collate it for the devs.....

:smileyindifferent: Well, from the statements on the Dust Site forums, and the complaining from the players, it looks as though VEHICLES will not be the core of Patch 1.5...

:smileyhappy::heart: But I don't mind, because the initial patch notes on 1.5 that was posted the other day make 1.5 seem as daring a step towards further matching Dust's UI environment to EVE's UI environment, as Patch 1.4 was. 

The Squad Finder, the player tiers in the corporation-building, "vanity mirror" effect to see your character face-on, and the NICE chunk of  warpoint-tiers that start to identify the Artificer's activities of TRANSPORTING, SCANNING, UPLINK DESTRUCTION (Plymco get your hand tools ready!!).... are all sure to raise the complexity and the tactics.

And I hope we can still use this thread to give 1.5 feedback regardless of how much vehicular polishing there may or may not be when October 8th arrives.

2011062372651291.jpg 

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

Message 23 of 34 (175 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50441 posts

Oct 14, 2013

1.5 Is pretty good.

Feels more stable and all that good stuff!  :smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 34 (155 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Oct 15, 2013

It's early for me to be sure, but I think I agree with you Pilgrim. 

It goes without saying that the Merc Quarters is becoming steadily more elegant, classy, and sophisticated than ANY pregame menu I've ever encountered in a game (except maybe Wing Commander III on Panasonic 3DO...THAT had a really entertaining between-matches setup).

But the switching screens (solar system info, module fitting notifications, etc) are definitely more stable.

....AND MY DROPSHIP HAS A NEW AND IMPROVED CAMERA ANGLE FOR EASE OF OPERATION!!!  So CELESTA AUNGM is back on training.  Many pilots are complaining that this change is lousy and doesn't make things any better than Patch 1.4, but many others of us disagree.  It may not be ALL we'd like in a camera angle, but it's a nice step in some right directions!

Message 25 of 34 (150 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Nov 20, 2013

:smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised:

Patch 1.7, the new vehicle introductions we've all been crying out for, reaches sub-orbit around Dec 10th.  It is VERY ADULT stuff--that's not joke.  To migrate your vehicle talents over to 1.7's environment, you'll need your calculator and a cool head (I'm putting new batteries in both right now).  

What patch 1.7 does to anything you've invested in is too substantial to type about, so...

Pop a bottle of Quafe, and catch this link:

http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/11/vehicles-in-uprising-1.7-1/

Then,

brace yourself in a chair, hold onto a glass of Jovian whiskey, and read through this link:

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=122274&find=unread

...all I can say is, I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS STUFF.  "YOU GUYS" were the ones who kept asking for new vehicle stuff--- I was happy with stuff the way it was---I never asked for these changes.  So this is all on YOU GUYS,...not ME!  :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:  I'm kidding of course. 

Mitchell_Mohrhauser_09a.jpg

Message 26 of 34 (116 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Nov 20, 2013
Wait.... New vehicles????

I'm coming back :smileyhappy:
Message 27 of 34 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Who said anything about new vehicles?

Message 28 of 34 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Nov 21, 2013
No new vehicles....?

Idk I didn't really read the link that much...

So it is just a nerf for all existing vehicles? Dumb....
Message 29 of 34 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Nov 23, 2013

No, not nerfed. Buffed, to a certain extent. Link

Message 30 of 34 (94 Views)
0 Likes