Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 17 2013
By: thesupertman Treasure Hunter 6405 posts

What are you most excited for?

12 replies 142 views Edited May 17, 2013
I hear more stuff is coming this october.

So what do you want the most in the next patch? (all this stuff has been conformed, but I'm not sure when it comes out)

Rail rifle?

Ion pistol?

Rail pistol?

Minmitar AR?

Cloak?

Bubble sheild?

Jets?

Other?

Personally, I'm most excited for the cloak and rail pistol. The Rail pistol is like a Deagle BTW.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: What are you most excited for?

May 17, 2013
Oh yah, I forgot PvE.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

May 18, 2013

The Caldari Light / Scout suits as well are the other racial Drop Suits, but most importantely a proper matchmaking system beyond the academy.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (136 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

May 18, 2013
I like the matchmaking the way it is. No need for a change in my opinion. The noobs can just improve by playing PvE.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

May 18, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
I like the matchmaking the way it is. No need for a change in my opinion. The noobs can just improve by playing PvE.

Most MMORPGs (they are trying to call Dust an MMORPG Shooter) don't pit level 5 against level 70, because equipment and stats are more important than player skills. The same goes for Dust. Not to mention the squad stacked matches.

Super, don't you remember the effect clan stacking and the noob stomping warhawkers / beta players had on Starhawk at launch? A lot of new players didn't stay more than one week ((the "just get good" elitist attitude simply nailed the coffin). At least that's how it went in my clan.

Grinding for months trying to reach SP cap everyweek while getting steamrolled by players with just better gear / stats than you do (with sometimes inferior tactics)  just so you can have good enough stats or equipment is not what a lot of players consider fun. As it stands, Dust may fail to attract a lot more players than what was in the beta. A lot like Starhawk in my eyes, especially the elitism.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

May 18, 2013
I hope CCP brings us fatties some love, maybe another heavy weapon or two and definitely some more variations in drop suits, I don't want to have one option forever..
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

May 18, 2013
There are 3 new racial heavies coming out.

I'm kinda hoping for a heavy flamethrower!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 18, 2013
The 'fun' being in one of these patches/updates. And agree with some better/tiered matchmaking and PvE. PvE alone, if done right/in an interesting manner could keep me around.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

May 19, 2013
Ernehgerd... A heavy flamethrower would be awesome, I want to see them run away on fire though!!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (105 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 19, 2013
^ Should add in an extinguisher then for Logis to put out people :smileytongue:

Should also add in the option for Mass Drivers to be used as actual mortars (deploy them).

And the ability to sit on your couch, log out of a character and maybe actual character customization for when you're in your quarters (instead of being in the suit all the time or at least customize a face for them so they can remove the helmet until they deploy; I know, petty/meaningless stuff).

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (103 Views)