Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 25 2011
By: RSPetree Treasure Hunter 5621 posts

What is the one perk or skill you don't want to see in Dust???

27 replies 96 views Edited Aug 25, 2011

For me it has to be any type of invisibility skill. 

My eyesight is bad enough as it is. :smileysad:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Re: What is the one perk or skill you don't want to see in Dust???

Aug 25, 2011

RSPetree wrote:

For me it has to be any type of invisibility skill. 

My eyesight is bad enough as it is. :smileysad:

Running a marathon for ALS click the link to learn more http://als.stepsfordoug.com/ Photobucket

Hmm, I'll say any kind of infiltrating skill on my end.  It always makes me paranoid towards my teamates.

-SP

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Aug 25, 2011

@Petree

Ships can have cloaks, why not ground vehicles?

@SushiPirate

You've obviously never played Eve, these guys don't need perks to inflitrate your corp and wreck shop

WWLFD?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Aug 25, 2011

Invisibility for vehicles, jury is still out.

Invisibility for players, NONONONONO

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Aug 25, 2011

Perk to provide bonus ISK to those who hire me

You know they paid me and all, it would be like giving them a "discount" but only if our team wins would be like unfaily stacking your win.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Aug 25, 2011

RSPetree wrote:

Invisibility for vehicles, jury is still out.

Invisibility for players, NONONONONO

Running a marathon for ALS click the link to learn more http://als.stepsfordoug.com/ Photobucket

No cloaking devices or ISK bonuses please

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Aug 25, 2011

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if cloaks were included albeit limited like they are in Eve (Either no movement, little movement or full blown movement after training for more than a month) as well as ridiculously expensive

Either way, cloaks in Eve are limited even if you have the best ones available, you need to stay far away from pretty much everything or your cloak is broken and there are targeting delays after decloaking

I don't think they'd be a problem if they were done in a similar fashion

WWLFD?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Aug 25, 2011

I like the limited or no movement idea...

Sorta like solid snake hiding in a box.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Aug 25, 2011

RSPetree wrote:

I like the limited or no movement idea...

Sorta like solid snake hiding in a box.

Yeah if you were invisible and running around at full speed it wouldn't be too fun for the enemies.

Or they could do like warhawk where you can't shoot at anyone while cloaked in your warhawk, you have to uncloak to fire (well not the machine gun but for dust it would be no killing while cloaked)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Aug 25, 2011

Now, don't get me wrong, if they're done like Eve, then some people will be able to move around at normal speed

Like I was saying, there are multiple levels of Cloaking ability and I think they'd shape up as follows (if done similarly to Eve)

Level 1: Ha ha, you can't see me as long as I stay perfectly still, no one gets within 2.5 meters of me, damn, I can't target you or anything

Level 2: Yay, I can walk around crouched now, still can't let people get close to me nor can I target you (but I don't have to wait as long to target you once I decloak)

Level 3: Ho ho ho, now I can sprint, still need to keep my distance, still can't target you (though I need to wait even less time than before)

I'm also curious if Dust vehicles will be similiar to Eve vehicles in that there will be multiple tiers of them.

For example, frigates are the smallest ships available in Eve, let's assume dropships are the frigates of Dust.  T1 frigs are basic combat ships, nothing really special, each one is designed to do something, but nothing great.  Now, T2 frigs come in different varieties-- Assault Ships, Covert Ops, EWAR and Interceptors.  If dropships are done the same way, you could have different aspects of the planetary assault being inserted in different types of dropships.  Maybe Interceptor dropships could be used by defenders to get to the front asap, maybe Assault dropships would be used as the shock and awe initial strike by the attackers with EWAR dropships running a second line of support/logi for the frontline Assault dropships.  While all of this is going on, maybe your Covert Ops (which would be the only dropships able to fit a Level 3 Covert Ops cloak) dropships would be dropping commando teams right next to important defense assets.

My point is, if cloaking is involved, not everyone will be using it, unless of course they want to hobble their team in other ways.

WWLFD?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes