Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2734 posts

Re: What is the one perk or skill you don't want to see in Dust???

Aug 26, 2011

If they do have a cloak system for Dusters it should be like Crysis IMO. But you can't fire your weapon unless you decloak and you can't carry a ton of equipment.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Aug 26, 2011

TheLadiesOgre wrote:

Now, don't get me wrong, if they're done like Eve, then some people will be able to move around at normal speed

Like I was saying, there are multiple levels of Cloaking ability and I think they'd shape up as follows (if done similarly to Eve)

Level 1: Ha ha, you can't see me as long as I stay perfectly still, no one gets within 2.5 meters of me, ****, I can't target you or anything

Level 2: Yay, I can walk around crouched now, still can't let people get close to me nor can I target you (but I don't have to wait as long to target you once I decloak)

Level 3: Ho ho ho, now I can sprint, still need to keep my distance, still can't target you (though I need to wait even less time than before)

I'm also curious if Dust vehicles will be similiar to Eve vehicles in that there will be multiple tiers of them.

For example, frigates are the smallest ships available in Eve, let's assume dropships are the frigates of Dust.  T1 frigs are basic combat ships, nothing really special, each one is designed to do something, but nothing great.  Now, T2 frigs come in different varieties-- Assault Ships, Covert Ops, EWAR and Interceptors.  If dropships are done the same way, you could have different aspects of the planetary assault being inserted in different types of dropships.  Maybe Interceptor dropships could be used by defenders to get to the front asap, maybe Assault dropships would be used as the shock and awe initial strike by the attackers with EWAR dropships running a second line of support/logi for the frontline Assault dropships.  While all of this is going on, maybe your Covert Ops (which would be the only dropships able to fit a Level 3 Covert Ops cloak) dropships would be dropping commando teams right next to important defense assets.

My point is, if cloaking is involved, not everyone will be using it, unless of course they want to hobble their team in other ways.

Call me Orthopedic Shoes, I make sure you stand corrected....

I like the way you explain how you want it levelled.   If it was done like that cloaking wouldn't really create any game-annoying issues like what I'm imagining with just being cloaked but being able to act normal otherwise.

Message 12 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Aug 26, 2011

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

TheLadiesOgre wrote:

Now, don't get me wrong, if they're done like Eve, then some people will be able to move around at normal speed

Like I was saying, there are multiple levels of Cloaking ability and I think they'd shape up as follows (if done similarly to Eve)

Level 1: Ha ha, you can't see me as long as I stay perfectly still, no one gets within 2.5 meters of me, ****, I can't target you or anything

Level 2: Yay, I can walk around crouched now, still can't let people get close to me nor can I target you (but I don't have to wait as long to target you once I decloak)

Level 3: Ho ho ho, now I can sprint, still need to keep my distance, still can't target you (though I need to wait even less time than before)

I'm also curious if Dust vehicles will be similiar to Eve vehicles in that there will be multiple tiers of them.

For example, frigates are the smallest ships available in Eve, let's assume dropships are the frigates of Dust.  T1 frigs are basic combat ships, nothing really special, each one is designed to do something, but nothing great.  Now, T2 frigs come in different varieties-- Assault Ships, Covert Ops, EWAR and Interceptors.  If dropships are done the same way, you could have different aspects of the planetary assault being inserted in different types of dropships.  Maybe Interceptor dropships could be used by defenders to get to the front asap, maybe Assault dropships would be used as the shock and awe initial strike by the attackers with EWAR dropships running a second line of support/logi for the frontline Assault dropships.  While all of this is going on, maybe your Covert Ops (which would be the only dropships able to fit a Level 3 Covert Ops cloak) dropships would be dropping commando teams right next to important defense assets.

My point is, if cloaking is involved, not everyone will be using it, unless of course they want to hobble their team in other ways.

Call me Orthopedic Shoes, I make sure you stand corrected....

I like the way you explain how you want it levelled.   If it was done like that cloaking wouldn't really create any game-annoying issues like what I'm imagining with just being cloaked but being able to act normal otherwise.

----------------------------------------

Want to join BHD in MAG?  Just click this link or this link --> www.betterhideordie.com

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4162/pilgrimb.jpg

yeah i mean the last thing i want is to be killed by someone i can't even see.  I don't mind getting killed in the back...but not being able to see them in front of me is something entirely different.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Yeah, you wouldn't be getting killed by cloaked individuals, though you would get flanked alot probably

WWLFD?
Message 14 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2570 posts

Aug 26, 2011

For me it would be the "hiding under the map with unlimited ammo while in god-mode glitch" perk.

Honestly I can deal with almost anything that's meant to be in the game cause if the community don't like something it could be modified but cheaters.. urgh! I sooooooooooo dislike those mother... *sigh*

Message 15 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2554 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Quick knife and knife range improove all those quick call of duty noobish anoying thing thats make players choose a knife over a side arms is the worst thing in a video games been knife at a shot gunsn range in mag is really anoying and frustrating !

So quick knife and improove range thing like thats i dont want to see this kinda feature at all !

Photobucket
Message 16 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Aug 27, 2011

Martyrdom, or any form of it. So annoying when you are the flank and melee from behind sort of person .

Anything that makes a soldier able to withstand a blast from a mine. Though I would not mind if that their were tiers, but at the end the most powerful AP mine kills anyone that triggers it!

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Message 17 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Aug 27, 2011

It's not really a perk/skill, but something I would like to not see is a push-button melee

Make the melee attack something you need to switch to if it is a knife or baton or somesuch like that

If there absolutely must be a push button melee, please, please make it a gunbutt or something else that isn't instantly lethal

Also, if there is no chance of it not being instantly lethal, please make it a multiple second animation which leaves you vulnerable to others

WWLFD?
Message 18 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Aug 29, 2011

someone doesn't like getting shot and knifed

Photobucket
Message 19 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Aug 29, 2011

Nah, someone would just rather Dust be an FPS more than an FPK

CCP really should learn from the mistakes Zipper has made

TBH, I wouldn't mind it at all if there were bayonets, as it is now, you swap your gun for the knife and straight back all with the push of a button, there is no delay in your ability to fire your gun either, it makes no sense to me.....

WWLFD?
Message 20 of 28 (28 Views)
0 Likes