Fender Bender
3080 posts

Re: What's you Dust primary's name?

Jun 10, 2013

.                    PSN             Dust name           Dust alt             EVE NAME                Dust Spec out

.............A-jumpingjackInfine SentinelAll mighty BaconN/AAssault / Tanks and Assault DS

Message 11 of 14 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50091 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Message 12 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Good thread to start.  I've seen alot ot the usual "Handle" names thrown on Dust 514 (LuvMudda_64, Lick_6JPants, etc), but I've seen a few really cool names from people who seem to be trying to get in the EVE frame of thinking:  like Kisara Urchan, or Paolo Hukama, ...you know, REAL sounding NAMES. 

My Primary is named Celesta Aungm

Below is my secondary character, but is not used much. 

CDIA252709-fle30030 MILLASLATER.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 13 of 14 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Jun 17, 2013

:smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileyindifferent:  HEY, just an important follow-up on this thread:

I hope you cool players have all seen the new LEGAL NOTICE from CCP regarding "Naming" by players.  

I read up a little about the PC EVE Online game, and how players took the game seriously and consider their characters "living" personas that they are responsible for developing and shaping.  So, I thought hard about that when it came time to "create a character name" for my Dust 514 characters.  I knew I wanted REAL sounding first and last names, not player-Handle or Chatroom-ID.  Names someone could actually live an 80-year life with.  And not celebrity persona names either---too phoney sounding.

So for me, names like Jim Bond, Elpis Vesley, and LuvMuver56_Deathlock just wouldn't work for me in the Dust universe. 

• A few of us chose awesomely cool names:  Jarek Pretoris, Kisara Hollow, Ort Weller, Milla Slater (yeah she's mine), etc.  I tip my hat off to those of you who have *bleepin* stylish names...wish I had thought of some of those.  :smileywink:

• But when I'm in the pre-skirmish lobby, Holy Shmokes I'm still seeing handles and names you can't even call out quickly during a firefight, cuz they're too boomin' long! 

"We need help at Objective B!!"  "Capture the regeneration unit before they get here, Hatemelongtime936_roach".....(:smileymad: What in the name of -- ???!!!)

• And...there are a few that are arguably risque topics, or a play on celebrities names (I won't call them out here, but you know who you are, and the name you're using is way obvious sometimes)... and I think that's dangerous enough to CCP for them to worry about it.

Please remember, as you may have noticed by now, DUST 514 ain't your typical First Person Shooter game... In fact it's not like any FPS I've ever played in my life.   It's linked INTERNATIONALLY, is persistent (plannning to go on for another 10 years or so?), so the developers have a lot to risk if legal suits arise against them. 

Some of us MIGHT want to reconsider the wicked names we've chosen for our Dust characters.  Maybe CCP will allow a respec of Names if we turn in our dicey name and ask for the chance to "ReName".  :smileywink:

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 14 of 14 (81 Views)
0 Likes