Dec 04 2011
By: Meknow Lombax Warrior 136 posts

When everything costs you money how will you play???

20 replies 251 views Edited Dec 4, 2011

When every Vehicle, Peace of Armor, Gun, Vehicle/Equipment Mods, and we can only hope every Bullet costs you real world money What will you do? If you manufacture your own stuff you will be ok, but the time it takes to train them skill you could be a much better fighter... hummm

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: When everything costs you money how will you play???

Dec 5, 2011

Considering you can play to play for EVE I somehow doubt that it will be necesary to use real world currency to be competitive in Dust514.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Dec 18, 2011

Lokekar wrote:

Considering you can play to play for EVE I somehow doubt that it will be necesary to use real world currency to be competitive in Dust514.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)

this

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Dec 21, 2011

You will still have the ability to do everything the game offers without paying me thinks, although it might take a lot longer. I for one dont mind spending a little cash here and there. DCUO is free to play and its great, can do eveything, no level cap or any nonesense like other MMO's have for free to play. With that said I can see a lot if not most people spending at least a little change in this game, its a FPS and we know these kinda games can get very competitive, but its not even that, I'm thinking some of these corporations will have members that spend to beef up there clan quicker

Dust 514 will revolutionize console MMO's. Believe.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2012

In EVE you can lose everything. When you die and are cloned back into a pod, you are given a rookie ship from your race, a gun, a mining laser, and some ammo. From there you can accept low level missions and work your way back up. Another option is to go begging in various trade hubs but that doesn't work out for everyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Wrong.

You aren't given any ammo, the weapon turret and mining laser you are given are both of the "civilian" variety, meaning that they are absolute shit as well as meaning that the weapon turret doesn't require ammo.

You are however given a gratuity of Tritanium.  One.  Single.  Unit. 

WWLFD?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 14, 2012

I dont think it will work that way in Dust 514 for items we actually paid for.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 15, 2012

That's how ccp will make there money... Having players loose there Dropsuits/equipment in battle, run to the ps store get some Isk buy more stuff & run back to the fight... I feel bad for the dumb people who jump into the fight guns a blazing, Dust will get expensive for then

1 T2 Stealth Dropsuit please \ /

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 16, 2012

I doubt that because that type of thing would absolutley not work on PS3, the game would be a total flop if you had to buy gear every time you died.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 17, 2012

In EVE Online I have to buy stuff every time I die It's how the EVE world works, That being said I can insure my ship so replacing it is not such a kick in the ass and I use a much cheaper fit ship for PvP then I do missions.

Having to buy stuff every time you die will stop the dumb players from playing...

It will kick ass to know that when I blow up and kill something, someone out there will but out 50 cents a dollar, twenty bucks

That's why you mine materials on plants you inhabit and train skills to use blue prints and manufacture more guns and armor for yourself.

The game would be a totally rockin & kick ass if you had to buy gear every time you died.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes