Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2734 posts

Re: When everything costs you money how will you play???

Jan 20, 2012

First real world money will only be used for vanity items. CCP said you can't buy a win and letting people use real cash for weapons and amor is essentially buying a win.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Eve requires a monthly sub to play, I seriously doubt you need to pay real money for your gear every time you die, you may have to spend ISK, but I'm pretty sure all players have enough ISK for this, the way you make it seem cannot be right.

Dust 514 will revolutionize console MMO's. Believe.
Message 12 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 21, 2012

$20.00 = 1 PLEX

1 PLEX = 490,000,000 ISK - 24500000 ISK pur $1.00 - 24500 ISK per 1 cent

1 PLEX = 3500 AUR - 175 AUR pur $1.00 - 1.75 AUR per 1 cent

Message 13 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Meknow wrote:

In EVE Online I have to buy stuff every time I die It's how the EVE world works, That being said I can insure my ship so replacing it is not such a kick in the *** and I use a much cheaper fit ship for PvP then I do missions.

Having to buy stuff every time you die will stop the dumb players from playing...

It will kick *** to know that when I blow up and kill something, someone out there will but out 50 cents a dollar, twenty bucks

That's why you mine materials on plants you inhabit and train skills to use blue prints and manufacture more guns and armor for yourself.

The game would be a totally rockin & kick *** if you had to buy gear every time you died.

That's in EVE stop comparing DUST to EVE! They are two different games. A dust merc will die a lot more than a pod pilot so if you can use in game cash to buy armor, weapons, new clones that will greatly unbalance the game even for the "non stupid players"... Who are simply people that can't afford to put that type of money into this game which will drive away players leaving Dust 514 a failure due to a horrible micro-transaction system.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Message 14 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 30, 2012

"EVE" the Universe, It's harsh and unfair ... Dust being inside the EVE Universe is not going to be gum drops and lolly pops

Press release ---> http://www.ccpgames.com/zh/public-relations/press-releases/article/2126/ccp-39-s-revolutionary-persi...

In a departure from the traditional subscription or one-time purchase model, DUST 514 will be supported by revenues from the in-game sale of virtual goods, allowing players to purchase advanced weaponry, battle gear and vehicles using both earned virtual currency and real money from their Play Station wallet.

If you think Dust 514 will be a failure due to a horrible micro-transaction system you best not play. There are better games for you

Myself, I got fifty bucks sitting in my wallet set to buy all sorts of toys

Message 15 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Jan 30, 2012

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

Meknow wrote:

In EVE Online I have to buy stuff every time I die It's how the EVE world works, That being said I can insure my ship so replacing it is not such a kick in the *** and I use a much cheaper fit ship for PvP then I do missions.

Having to buy stuff every time you die will stop the dumb players from playing...

It will kick *** to know that when I blow up and kill something, someone out there will but out 50 cents a dollar, twenty bucks

That's why you mine materials on plants you inhabit and train skills to use blue prints and manufacture more guns and armor for yourself.

The game would be a totally rockin & kick *** if you had to buy gear every time you died.

That's in EVE stop comparing DUST to EVE! They are two different games. A dust merc will die a lot more than a pod pilot so if you can use in game cash to buy armor, weapons, new clones that will greatly unbalance the game even for the "non stupid players"... Who are simply people that can't afford to put that type of money into this game which will drive away players leaving Dust 514 a failure due to a horrible micro-transaction system.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V. Photobucket

Someone has obviously never heard of "suicide tackle"

WWLFD?
Message 16 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jan 31, 2012

All we're saying is that its not going to be as extreme as you make it seem. Yes Dust will have microtransactions we've known this since day one practicly. DCUO is f2p as well and I've spent maybee $10 so far and have gotten hours upon hours of gameplay, infact you can reach level cap and end game without spending a dime. I also downloaded Free realms for my kid on PS3 wich is also a free to play MMORPG and again in that game you can do lots without spending a cent and its a free dowload too. Dust already has f2p competition on PS3, trust me CCP isn't going to screw this up.

Dust 514 will revolutionize console MMO's. Believe.
Message 17 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
504 posts

Feb 7, 2012

People act like CCP has to charge real money to get cool weapons in order to make money of this game and that is far from the truth. A, like others have said that would break the game, B, its not realistic, people will spend the money regardless.

If PS HOME is any sort of example to what people will spend money on than all CCP needs to do is release cool looking stuff that doesn't affect game balance. People eat that crap up. Considering Eve Online has been around over 8 years and is doing well I think its safe to say that CCP is very knowleagble on what they are doing and how to implement it properly.

Check out Digital Kings Gaming @ http://digitalking.enjin.com
Message 18 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 13, 2012

Don't fight in what you can't afford to lose, which is the EVE online golden rule.

I'm an EVE player so hopefully I'll be able to send money to myself

Message 19 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Your wrong Regis :smileyhappy:
Message 20 of 21 (160 Views)
0 Likes