Jul 05 2012
By: postnephron Splicer 46 posts

Why is Sony deleting negative posts about dust 514?

16 replies 1129 views Edited Jul 5, 2012
To not be able to tell the truth about a game that is bad seems criminal . To try to fix the forums to trick people into buying junk like Dust 514 and other games should be illegal. There have been many useful comments about this game that have vanished, like the fact they are charging 20$ for the next 6 months for this "free" , game if you want to play it.. This should speak volumes to any one who uses these forums . So let's only allow positive posts so everyone thinks every game is great. Ignorance is bliss..
Message 1 of 17 (1,129 Views)
Survivor
2787 posts

Re: Why is Sony deleting negative posts about dust 514?

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2012

Just taking a guess here....The posts were most likely in violation of the Non Disclosure Agreement you agreed to when activating your beta.

I'll share a post with you from the Dust 514 beta forums.

Quoting Veteran Community:

"Dear DUST 514 Beta Testers

Recently, there has been a spate of instances where individuals participating in the DUST 514 Closed Beta have breached their NDA. We would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that as part of the DUST 514 Closed Beta, accepting and adhering to the NDA is a legally binding requirement that all DUST 514 Closed Beta participants have agreed to.

We understand and appreciate your enthusiasm for DUST 514. After all, it isn’t every day that one has the opportunity to participate in a ground breaking event that bridges two gaming platforms to create a new MMO genre. However, it is equally important that everyone follow the terms and conditions of the NDA so that we may protect the integrity of the DUST 514 Closed Beta testing phase. If you are not familiar with or do not recall the NDA, here’s the link to the on-line location of the NDA.

Going forward, we will continue to enforce the NDA to its fullest measure and any Closed Beta participants found in breach of the NDA will receive a permanent ban on their DUST 514 account(s), without exceptions. We realize and value the time and efforts from all of you participating in the DUST 514 Closed Beta to make DUST 514 a great MMO experience to the world and we wish to see all of you continue to contribute in this regard. Thank you.

The DUST 514 Development Team"

Message 2 of 17 (1,125 Views)
PlayStation MVP
53341 posts

Jul 19, 2012

as pimental guessed, and was right about, those threads and posts violate the strict NDA that CCP has for Dust514.  Just be thankful they deleted your post before CCP saw it and revoked your beta access.

Message 3 of 17 (1,065 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 29, 2012
actually, the people who post all these things are either breaking the law or havent played the game yet. the game isnt even finished yet. whatever is wrong with it will be fixed by the time it comes out. oh, and this game is definitely worth the $20. unfortunately, i cant go into detail about why.
Message 4 of 17 (1,025 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6085 posts

Aug 1, 2012
This game is *NDA* I really liked the part when I drove a *NDA* off a *NDA* and landed on a *NDA* and made this guy *NDA* with his *NDA* and it was great cause I could *NDA* the entire time!

Really a once in a lifetime experience.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 5 of 17 (1,009 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Aug 12, 2012
So we have to pay for this game within the next 6 months when they said it's dropping for free within the next few months?

Come on, man. I was hyped about it too.
Message 6 of 17 (963 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Aug 18, 2012

NDA or not, this game is terrible. Great idea, bad game

Talk to me on Twitter: @PSN_BigPapa727
Message 7 of 17 (938 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 28, 2012

i paid $20 for a merc pack so they can shove their NDA up their A$$. i am a paying customer now so they have to deal with critisism like it or not.....the game is garbage fps mechanics suck all it has is a great concept and a group of fanboys trying hard not to admit they were wrong about this game. how do you add new stuff without fixing major problems? just ask ccp they do it all the time.

Message 8 of 17 (867 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6085 posts

Sep 5, 2012
Then go to the OFFICAL forums for the game at forums.dust514.com to critisize it.

When you bought the merc pack you accepted the NDA, so no matter how much you pay, CCP has the right to tell you to F*** off and perma-ban you from the game for breaking the NDA. Which they have done already to several people.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 9 of 17 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Well its also "criminal" to post while being bound to an NDA.

Message 10 of 17 (780 Views)
0 Likes