Jan 17 2012
By: x_IHIostile_x Wastelander 572 posts

Will 514 Cost a Fortune To The Players For GOOD Items?

41 replies 459 views Edited Jan 17, 2012

So with having a "free to play" and a "micro-transactoin" market place. Are we going to have to pay to get a GOOD weapon, like say an Assault Rifle (as an example)?

Will they milk us for anything that is actually GOOD in teh game?

Sounds like this will go the route of overly expensive...

Will it be a "one-time" activation cost to start up, or a monthly fee to play?

I want to be able to do well, but not have to pay outta my ass in order to do so.

Get my drift?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 42 (459 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4791 posts

Re: Will 514 Cost a Fortune To The Players For GOOD Items?

Jan 17, 2012

I hope we don't, i haven't heard any news regarding about this.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Meknow wrote:

I think YES you can pay to get a good weapon and it could cost a lot of ISK. And if your dumb, run into combat and die your out that gun and ISK plus a drop suit ...

But you can also mine planets that you have taken, and with the proper skills make your own weapons and dropsuits that you can use for free or sell on the market to other dust players for ISK

or a third option they might have is missions against bots. Where you can use your best armor and use your best gun to tank NPC missions. OR you and five buddy's put on your best s.h.i.t and run through a bunch of level four missions in a afternoon so you got a s.h.i.t ton if ISK to fight other clans in the evening

No you can not use real world money to buy guns and armor. Research the game before you go spouting false information.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 21, 2012

Please tell Me then Mr. Regis, what will I be using to buy more items when I loose mine?

$20.00 = 1 PLEX

1 PLEX = 490,000,000 ISK - 24500000 ISK pur $1.00 - 24500 ISK per 1 cent

1 PLEX = 3500 AURUM - 175 AURUM pur $1.00 - 1.75 AURUM per 1 cent

Aurum (AUR) is an in-game currency that can be used to purchase items for your character in DUST 514???

If I'm not buying guns and armor, what am I buying???

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Meknow wrote:

Please tell Me then Mr. Regis, what will I be using to buy more items when I loose mine?

$20.00 = 1 PLEX

1 PLEX = 490,000,000 ISK - 24500000 ISK pur $1.00 - 24500 ISK per 1 cent

1 PLEX = 3500 AURUM - 175 AURUM pur $1.00 - 1.75 AURUM per 1 cent

Aurum (AUR) is an in-game currency that can be used to purchase items for your character in DUST 514???

If I'm not buying guns and armor, what am I buying???

First of all PLEX is a EVE thing it has nothing to do with Dust 514. People buy Plex with real money put it on the market then someone who has ton of in game money buys the Plex so they don't have to use real cash to pay for the monthly sub fee. So since there is no sub fee I've already destroyed your PLEX theory.

CCP already said it AUR will only be used for vanity items. They will not allow you to buy a win with real money because they know it will drive away players. It is for vanity items only. So go ahead if you want and believe that you will be able to spend real cash to buy weapons and armor and you will find your self to be wrong.

*edit*

Dust mercs will earn the bulk of there money while completeling contracts out in losec given out either by EVE corps/alliances or NPC contracts. You will also be able to earn money in hisec but it won't be as much. So in other words you need to actually win to earn cash to buy armor and guns. Besides don't you think they know that no one on console is willing to spend almost 25 dollars on a 5000 AUR on top of that DUST and EVE will have to seperate economies meaning you can't come in here showing off the EVE economic prices.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jan 24, 2012

@_@

Im sure you do have to pay for "good guns"... nothing good is ever free

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I'm sure you DON'T have to pay for good guns. Your paying to actually HAVE the game and be able to play it (one time fee), to have to pay more to get better equipment then stock would be ridiculous. And technically it isn't F2P if I have to pay to begin with, despite them saying your paying for in-game currency and equipment when you pay the entry fee. Though, if my memory serves correctly, they said that everything is obtainable in the game without the need for real money. All real money does is cut out the grinding it would take to get a particular suit/weapon/vehicle. Though perhaps down the line they will have DLC of sorts that is only obtainable through purchasing it irl, like every other game.

If they do rely on paying to get better weapons/vehicles that are are only obtained by buying them with real cash, which would effect you and your teams chances of winning, then consider the game a failure right here and now. I don't think CCP would be stupid enough to do that. I'm sure they will make a good amount of cash from impatient people who don't want to play tons of matches just to get a good weapon.

Though my main concern is gameplay more then the whole cash debate. If they can't nail the gameplay down, and make it fun and addicting as say BF3 or Starhawk (I've played the beta, good fun) , then the game won't do well. Gameplay always comes first. While the cross platform thing with EVE users sounds fun, I hope that winning a game doesn't rely too heavily on them, because that would ruin the balance as much as paying for better weapons would.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 42 (459 Views)
Survivor
2734 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Fangs_of_Komodo wrote:

I'm sure you DON'T have to pay for good guns. Your paying to actually HAVE the game and be able to play it (one time fee), to have to pay more to get better equipment then stock would be ridiculous. And technically it isn't F2P if I have to pay to begin with, despite them saying your paying for in-game currency and equipment when you pay the entry fee. Though, if my memory serves correctly, they said that everything is obtainable in the game without the need for real money. All real money does is cut out the grinding it would take to get a particular suit/weapon/vehicle. Though perhaps down the line they will have DLC of sorts that is only obtainable through purchasing it irl, like every other game.

If they do rely on paying to get better weapons/vehicles that are are only obtained by buying them with real cash, which would effect you and your teams chances of winning, then consider the game a failure right here and now. I don't think CCP would be stupid enough to do that. I'm sure they will make a good amount of cash from impatient people who don't want to play tons of matches just to get a good weapon.

Though my main concern is gameplay more then the whole cash debate. If they can't nail the gameplay down, and make it fun and addicting as say BF3 or Starhawk (I've played the beta, good fun) , then the game won't do well. Gameplay always comes first. While the cross platform thing with EVE users sounds fun, I hope that winning a game doesn't rely too heavily on them, because that would ruin the balance as much as paying for better weapons would.

Exactly if they follow that business model on a console Dust will be a failure. Look at DCUO it was a sinking ship till they went F2P.

I also agree with yo on the game play aspect that is the most important. Also even if you are able to buy weapons and armor with money you would need to train your skills to do it just like in EVE. Another reason why I believe that you won't have to use real cash to pay for weapons is becausethey damn sure don't do that in EVE.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 28, 2012

9.  Jan 28, 2012 8:54 AM (in response to REGIS_MARK_V) (Last edited by Meknow on Jan 28, 2012 10:06 AM)  

REGIS King of Dust... This is a cut and past from a CCP press release found here ---> http://www.ccpgames.com/zh/public-relations/press-releases/article/2126/ccp-39-s-revolutionary-persi...

"In a departure from the traditional subscription or one-time purchase model, DUST 514 will be supported by revenues from the in-game sale of virtual goods, allowing players to purchase advanced weaponry, battle gear and vehicles using both earned virtual currency and real money from their PlayStation wallet."

Go spouting false information???

Research the game before you go being a Mr. know it all in the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Feb 3, 2012

ehhh i don't think CCP would be that type of company that wants to just rip all your money away.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 42 (459 Views)
0 Likes