Wastelander
794 posts

Re: Will 514 Cost a Fortune To The Players For GOOD Items?

May 6, 2012

The business aspect of Dust 514 sounds interesting, but if they DO charge a lot of money for guns and armor, then it'll probably be worse than having to just pay monthly, in some cases.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 42 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

May 9, 2012

From the leaked vids of the beta the 'best' weapons and such are not purchasable with AUR, but different skins of them are.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 42 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 10, 2012

I just thought of a way a new player can contribute to an experienced team: scouting.  I remember hearing that Dust will have a fog of war; you won't know something is there until someone sees it.  It would probably be pretty easy to skill for a scout dropsuit, some speed-enhancing modules, and maybe a LAV.  A few rookie scouts to race ahead and get the lay of the land for their team would probably be cheap enough and useful enough that their corp will pay for any gear they lose.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 42 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 30, 2012
They already said during a Dev interview that you will be able to use real currency to buy weapons, vehicles, etc... but that nothing you can buy will be overpowered as to make the game unfair. If they find something to be overpowered they will remove it or adjust as needed. Don't call people out when you haven't done your research, you just sound ignorant.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 42 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jul 2, 2012

No.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 42 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2012

kraziflip wrote:

watched the dust514 keynote and devs said only vanity items are available, nothing that can give you the "I win" button.

Yeah. Even on the FAQ they have stated that. Hopefully it stays that way, though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 42 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jul 9, 2012

The only thing I've found to be "pay-to-win" is the Tucker nades.

A nade that explodes on impact is a huge advantage in cqc, I know, I've used a lot of them. I like them so much that getting grenadier skills up to lvl 3 is probably the first I'll do when the game launches. I've done some caluculations and it seems that spending enough real world money to keep me supplied with Tucker nades won't be a problem at all.

All the rest of the equipment I've seen have an ISK equivalent, but not these nades.

The only other thing I see a point of buying with AUR is the skill point boosters. I'll gladly pay some to shorten the grinding by a third.

Photobucket

(***) shooting stars in valor recruiting good players who average 20 kills or more in sabo 15 kills or more in suppression and who know how to heal and play together, if interested message airwreck21.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 42 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Jul 15, 2012
I agree with Babar. AUR is best used on skill point boosters as most of the weapons have little difference from the items sold for ISK. I could care less what my gun looks like as long as it works.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 42 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Hey Regis!! I just bought a full Proto w/ gun.. And I used real world money lol I win :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 42 (256 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46582 posts

Mar 25, 2013

x_IHIostile_x wrote:

So with having a "free to play" and a "micro-transactoin" market place. Are we going to have to pay to get a GOOD weapon, like say an Assault Rifle (as an example)?

Will they milk us for anything that is actually GOOD in teh game?

Sounds like this will go the route of overly expensive...

Will it be a "one-time" activation cost to start up, or a monthly fee to play?

I want to be able to do well, but not have to pay outta my **bleep** in order to do so.

Get my drift?

Right now, the way the beta is in its CURRENT form, yes you have to spend real money in order to get the best of the best equipment @ any current skill point/unlock level.

However, you can get equipment almost as good for free. 

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 42 (238 Views)