Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Re: Will 514 Cost a Fortune To The Players For GOOD Items?

Feb 4, 2012

ironman12364 wrote:

ehhh i don't think CCP would be that type of company that wants to just rip all your money away.

lol so naive

http://gamergaia.com/pc/937-eve-online-charging-68-real-dollars-for-space-monocle-dlc.html

Photobucket
Message 11 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Feb 10, 2012
Message 12 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Feb 12, 2012

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

Meknow wrote:

I think YES you can pay to get a good weapon and it could cost a lot of ISK. And if your dumb, run into combat and die your out that gun and ISK plus a drop suit ...

But you can also mine planets that you have taken, and with the proper skills make your own weapons and dropsuits that you can use for free or sell on the market to other dust players for ISK

or a third option they might have is missions against bots. Where you can use your best armor and use your best gun to tank NPC missions. OR you and five buddy's put on your best s.h.i.t and run through a bunch of level four missions in a afternoon so you got a s.h.i.t ton if ISK to fight other clans in the evening

No you can not use real world money to buy guns and armor. Research the game before you go spouting false information.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V. Photobucket

yes u can.

doesnt mean u can buy OP weapons or armor but u can buy armor and guns using real world money, thats not buyin a win because the gun wouldnt be OP and u can still use ISK and just buy it ingame with that.

What ur thinkin will unbalance the game is wrong. Spending real world money to buy standard stuff u can get with ISK is no different than a powerful EVE corp throwing billions of ISK buyin a bunch of gear for their DUST ops. Same thing just different way.

Again they said u wont be able to buy OP guns an such with real world money. u can buy AURUM for DUST and im sure that will work something similar to PLEX

Photobucket
Message 13 of 42 (211 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Feb 16, 2012

I'm following infos on dust from close range as i started a dedicated website about the game and it is still very unclear what you will be able to buy with real money.

In Eve, it's purely vanity items, except if you buy Plex and then sell them in-game. Knowing it's current price is somewhat 480 Millions per unit.

For Dust, I intend to ask the question during an interview with community manager i ll be doing on March. Or before if he's in a good mood.

Still, what i understood from all the news i saw on that matter is that you may be able to buy all types of goods with real money BUT, many items would remain available only via in-game currency.

Now, CCP knows too well what could destroy a MMO so it would make sense if you can buy let's say, all standard goods with real money.

=> It would be the only way to come back in the game after a bad fund management and/or a huge loss of valuable equipment.

=> And, to acces better rifles, vehicles etc... You would need to use in-game currency or Industry\R&D.

The only risk with that would be that some people could buy for example a lot of standard rifles with real money and then sell them on the in-game market trying to turn $ into ISK.

But, this has its limits, cause if a bunch of people starts doing that, they will flood the market and get no money out of it due to natural Offer\demand balance.

I'm pretty confident CCP will offer a nice system. They don't have 2 economist working full time on EVE universe for nothing.

Oh, and i saw someone saying that the economic system of the two games will be separate ? Wrong according to recent interviews.

I've started playing Eve (cool game btw) and i strongly believe that, as dusters, we'll be able to do what they call Planetary Interactions.

Proof : In a 2010 Devblog on those PI's, CCP_Omen stated : We are also paving the way for the DUST 514 link, but that is mostly behind the scenes.

Pi, means extracting ressources from planet. You can harvest ressources depending on the amount of CPU\MW available from your command center (that you can upgrade with thr right skill) and you can colonize a certain amount of planet depending on another skill's level. Then you can either sell raw material or process into refine goods, specialize goods (requiring 2 types of refines goods) etc... until P4 items that requires basically 8 to 12 different fully processed raw materials .

All those raw materials, lvl 1-2-3-4 processed goods are traded daily in massive amounts. Wich means that we will probably be able to trade with Eve players directly.

And them, with us.

BTW, if you want to talk about the game, lose that forum and go on dust514.org . it's a lot more active. And a lot more ressourcefull

Message 14 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Mar 20, 2012

Meknow wrote:

9.  Jan 28, 2012 8:54 AM (in response to REGIS_MARK_V) (Last edited by Meknow on Jan 28, 2012 10:06 AM)  

REGIS King of Dust... This is a cut and past from a CCP press release found here ---> http://www.ccpgames.com/zh/public-relations/press-releases/article/2126/ccp-39-s-revolutionary-persi...

"In a departure from the traditional subscription or one-time purchase model, DUST 514 will be supported by revenues from the in-game sale of virtual goods, allowing players to purchase advanced weaponry, battle gear and vehicles using both earned virtual currency and real money from their PlayStation wallet."

Go spouting false information???

Research the game before you go being a Mr. know it all in the forums

What was that? See I remember well before the game was heard of it would be F2P now they have confirmed it once again F2P and vanity items only. Thank you good sir

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Message 15 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Mar 22, 2012

its okay i still <3 you

Photobucket
Message 16 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Mar 24, 2012

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

Meknow wrote:

9.  Jan 28, 2012 8:54 AM (in response to REGIS_MARK_V) (Last edited by Meknow on Jan 28, 2012 10:06 AM)  

REGIS King of Dust... This is a cut and past from a CCP press release found here ---> http://www.ccpgames.com/zh/public-relations/press-releases/article/2126/ccp-39-s-revolutionary-persi...

"In a departure from the traditional subscription or one-time purchase model, DUST 514 will be supported by revenues from the in-game sale of virtual goods, allowing players to purchase advanced weaponry, battle gear and vehicles using both earned virtual currency and real money from their PlayStation wallet."

Go spouting false information???

Research the game before you go being a Mr. know it all in the forums

What was that? See I remember well before the game was heard of it would be F2P now they have confirmed it once again F2P and vanity items only. Thank you good sir

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V. Photobucket

Nope, you're wrong. Yes the game has always been F2P but it was originally F2P with an entry fee, now it's free to play from the start. And you don't only buy vanity items with real money, you buy actual weapons and gear and vehicles, hence the part where they say, "allowing players to purchase advanced weaponry, battle gear and vehicles using both earned virtual currency and real money." Not saying it's going to be as bad as the OP suggested in that you'd need to pay just to get an assault rifle, but you'll definitely need to pay for the better items (and even the better items aren't necessarily an instant win item).

Thank you good sir

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 17 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2012

watched the dust514 keynote and devs said only vanity items are available, nothing that can give you the "I win" button.

Message 18 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

Mar 25, 2012

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

Meknow wrote:

Please tell Me then Mr. Regis, what will I be using to buy more items when I loose mine?

$20.00 = 1 PLEX

1 PLEX = 490,000,000 ISK - 24500000 ISK pur $1.00 - 24500 ISK per 1 cent

1 PLEX = 3500 AURUM - 175 AURUM pur $1.00 - 1.75 AURUM per 1 cent

Aurum (AUR) is an in-game currency that can be used to purchase items for your character in DUST 514???

If I'm not buying guns and armor, what am I buying???

First of all PLEX is a EVE thing it has nothing to do with Dust 514. People buy Plex with real money put it on the market then someone who has ton of in game money buys the Plex so they don't have to use real cash to pay for the monthly sub fee. So since there is no sub fee I've already destroyed your PLEX theory.

CCP already said it AUR will only be used for vanity items. They will not allow you to buy a win with real money because they know it will drive away players. It is for vanity items only. So go ahead if you want and believe that you will be able to spend real cash to buy weapons and armor and you will find your self to be wrong.

*edit*

Dust mercs will earn the bulk of there money while completeling contracts out in losec given out either by EVE corps/alliances or NPC contracts. You will also be able to earn money in hisec but it won't be as much. So in other words you need to actually win to earn cash to buy armor and guns. Besides don't you think they know that no one on console is willing to spend almost 25 dollars on a 5000 AUR on top of that DUST and EVE will have to seperate economies meaning you can't come in here showing off the EVE economic prices.

Both of you are getting worked up over nothing. You are both right. EvE Character can give Dust 514 character ISK. Contracts in EvE are used to insure condition are metbefore you can be paid for the job in ISK. Which is the same for Dust514. I personally think they will be able to direct deposit into your Dust Wallet, giving the more I read, watch these last few days.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/eve-fanfest-2012/previews/dust-514

The most common interaction between FIS (the “flying in space” experience) players and what Laurino calls "SIF" (the “shooting in face” experience) players will be fiscal in nature, and as EVE has an eight year head start economically, CCP's goal in the short term will be to see money flow out of the EVE's richest alliances and into the DUST 514 playerbase. That might sound heavy handed, but all of the EVE players I spoke with are anxious for cash sinks in EVE's highly mudflated economy

That is, so long as it's something they want to do and could pay off long-term, not something they have to do to preserve the core Internet Spaceships game.

Just as in EVE, Brandon explained that "everything is a commodity in DUST 514." That means everything DUST players use, EVE players can potentially produce. But armor, weapons, vehicles, turrets, and modules are just the beginning. In low sec and null sec space, DUST corps can drop in turrets, respawn stations, and other fixed emplacements before the battle, as well as possibly increase the spawn reserves (within reason) they take into battle. This is significant; depleting clone reserves can result in a secondary win condition if your team has more clones than the enemy when time expires or if you reduce the enemies clone count to zero.

Economics might be the most common interaction between EVE and DUST 514 players, but orbital strikes are certainly the more direct and dramatic interaction.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/13/ccp-shares-big-plans-for-dust-514-and-eve-online-at-e3/

The most tangible tie between the two worlds is ISK -- an Icelandic acronym that EVE uses as InterStellar Kurrency. Players of both games can trade money across to each other, and supposedly official contracts can be placed as well, allowing Dust 514 players to make a virtual living from EVE players if they're good.

Dust 514 players will need that ISK just to play; replacing equipment after a respawn will cost ISK every time, and if bigger firepower like vehicles or extra armor is needed, that can be purchased with ISK as well. Fighting a gigantic battle in Dust 514 can be expensive, but EVE's best players have billions of ISK to put into the fighting, and there's no larger prize than your own planet.

This Video states there will be an Industrial role also which will have nothing to do with FPS, but the MARKET of DUST 514. It also confirm 128 support for players if they ever want to implement it. Confirms the Game is FREE to PLAY. Confirms Auram is only for Vanity items.

Depending on the lengths one wants to go. I can imagine if they subscribe to EVE, they purchase a plex, and take the ISK then through contract give that to whichever Corp they want in the end through a contract easily met like in high sec (1.0). 

You will however have to ISK (Which is fake in game currency, and fake market, with fake supply and demand laws effect fake prices for everything) wether that be from PVP, PVE to aquire that skill go to the market, want that gun go to the market, want that armor module again the market.

Message 19 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 26, 2012

I'm glad there's only going to be vanity items, or at least that's what I've heard and people above have said. I loved EvE when I played it, and I'd like to play it again after seeing how Dust 514 is going, I thought it would be mehworthy at best, but now it looks pretty amazing and I'm for sure going to pick it up.

Here's to hoping for a good balanced game.

Sons and daughters of Helghan, your destiny beckons. Stand with your brothers and sisters. Stand with me, and together we will be undefeated!
Photobucket

Message 20 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes