http://www.magleaderboards.com/view-player/handymanphil79

SLP --- OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED. LET THE HATERS HATE
Message 1 of 22 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: nothing like mag

Jun 15, 2012

And this is a problem? Seriously, why does everyone think this game needs to be like any other game? Let CCP make their vision for Dust and once it is released then we all can weigh in by playing it or not as the case may be. Taking EVE as a rough guide this game is not going to be one that appeals to the masses but possibly will carve out a niche for people that love meta-gaming in an FPS and an FPS where what gun someone uses is less important than what skills they bring to the table.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Message 2 of 22 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3281 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Because CCP's vision is a horrible first person shooter that's why people are trying to change it. The game is a poorly constructed FPS that belongs back on the PS2 because whilst the ideas with linking with EVE and everything are advanced. The game mechanics for shooting and such ah inferior to anything that's been released in the last few years. Also because MAG is the closest game to Dust and lots were hoping it would be the MAG 2 that Zipper never gave us. However they were disappointed when it turned out to be rubbish.

Message 3 of 22 (1,018 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 16, 2012

this game was hyped up like crazy as some massive action ultimate fps. in reality it offers a newish look on the supposed future direction of fps games. there is supposed to be chaos and huge battles of epic proportions. it was actually mentioned by ccp that they were using MAG as an influence to their design. they suggested that they were interested in impressing the mag community. these were all false implications. i do understand that we are playing a beta but the gameplay just isnt there. the concept seemed exciting on paper but they just didnt deliver. i would compare dust514 more to starhawk than anything.

(SLP) Handymanphil79
Officer of S.V.E.R. Loyalist Party
The true heart and soul of SVER
Remember kids heal and rez blue dots and kill the red dots
http://www.magleaderboards.com/view-player/handymanphil79

SLP --- OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED. LET THE HATERS HATE
Message 4 of 22 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jun 18, 2012

I am not sure whose PR you guys have been listening to, but definitely not what CCP has been saying. They have never made any allusions to the game being an infantry combat game like MAG. In fact they have repeatedly said that they are trying to carve out a new niche. Primary focus being on the tangible consequences of being linked to EVE in a real and effectual way and secondary focus being that corps can carve out an actual territory they can control and do something with. From there they talk about how death actually costs you something and how deep the skill trees are. None of which is close to MAG excepting the skills being deeper than the standard FPS genre.

Near as I have observed it is the MAG community itself that has done all the hyping that this is MAG reborn. Probably because what players had wanted out of MAG could happen in Dust. The irony to me is that Zipper never intended MAG to be anything like Dust and CCP certainly does not think it is creating MAG reborn.

Simply MAG was an experiment into making battles with higher player counts than was ever done on a console while Dust is an experiment in connecting two different games and platforms to create a deeper and richer gameverse. Far as I can tell their differences out weigh the simularites and that I can tell just from the PR.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Message 5 of 22 (1,018 Views)
Fender Bender
3370 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Yes, there are similarities. 1, MAG and Dust are FPS. 2, there are objectives in Dust just like MAG. But, that is where the similarities end. Dust is MAG on steroids. It is a way way beter game than MAG ever was. The best MAG ever was, was in the gamestop beta. That is very sad. Once CCP fixes one major issue, the game will be untouchable. Even though it has issues right now, I'm still having more fun than I did in MAG. There is no feeling, like I get from Dust, when I shoot someone and they actually die.

I agree with Lokekar. I don't remember CCP ever saying about MAG. It might have had some influence in the development of Dust. But, I don't remember them saying anything about it.

Maybe Dust is to much for the casuals gamer and it maybe to hard of a game for them. It is probably not meant for you. I knew what Dust was all about before playing it and I knew I would like it. Maybe that is the difference in between you and I.

I wish I could be playing it now. That's how much I love it.

Message 6 of 22 (1,018 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2052 posts

Jun 19, 2012

So...Just because one of the most ambitious and huge MMO FPS attempts isn't exactly like an already awful game (MAG) that makes it bad?

And you most likely haven't even played the beta, which is absolutley amazing and is getting incredible feedback.

Can't tell if trolling, or just very, very stupid.

photo 77fc1ce2-cb52-4a96-a32f-4b687a5d219a_zps58b38293.jpg
Message 7 of 22 (1,018 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

why would someone make a game "Like MAG" when the game MAG is already out. if you like MAG play MAG.

Message 8 of 22 (993 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

Hence, why the title of the game is called "Dust 514" and not "MAG 2". I don't understand why people are ragging so hard on Dust 514 especially after the fact that its completely free to play. It sounds like most of you guys would rather pay the developers to not make this game lol.

Message 9 of 22 (965 Views)
Wastelander
849 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Keep in mind its a BETA... Its not the official game that will be released.. What is the purpose of a BEta.. To give Feedback and test the mechanics,any issue you are giving, any glitches, suggestions, opinions.. That's why they have a Closed Forum. To input what you realize can be fixed or done...

Cheers!

Message 10 of 22 (949 Views)