Jan 26 2011
By: Usagi479 First Son 3 posts

Best DDR Pads/adapter for PS3?

8 replies 1547 views Edited Jan 26, 2011

Hi,

I need help. I'm looking to either find an adapter that will allow my Red Octane Ignition pads for PS2 to work with the PS3 game with no lag, or to find a comparable foam pad to purchase. I heard that the Master Deluxe pads were awful, but I haven't heard anything about the Energy pads and they're a bit pricy. Anyone have them?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Re: Best DDR Pads/adapter for PS3?

Jan 28, 2011

I don't know of any good adapters, but you might wait on even buying one that works. I have the Master Deluxe pads (you're right, don't buy them, actually going to sell them to someone on craigslist next week ) anyway, they don't work with the new Ps3 DDR game. Not like they suck, they literally don't work. If you've played the new DDR you'll know what the new feature called "groove trigger" is. I believe this is what screws up ANY other pad other than Konami's from working with the game. Yep, pretty sure we are all stuck playing the new DDR on Konami's pad, period. If anyone knows ANY other pad/adapter that works let us all know but I figure if the Master Deluxe pads don't work (and they work just fine with the ps2 games) then I doubt any pad that isn't programmed for the stupid groove trigger will work.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Feb 10, 2011

Well I actually found one. I bought an adapter by Hyperkin that is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/PS2-PS3-Dance-Converter-PlayStation-3/dp/B000WE5HRK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=12...

This adapter works on my 60Gb Ps3 (which it says on the packaging that it ONLY works with the 60Gb) and I'm using my RedOctane pad. Finally it's an a adapter that works and doesn't have any lag so I can play all my Ps2 DDR games. Ironically, all my rant about the groove trigger was somewhat mistaken; this adapter and my RedOctane pad do work on the new DDR for the Ps3 just fine, up is up and down is down etc.... only catch is, obviously, there is no groove trigger which quite frankly I don't care about because beating a song is impressive on it's own when it's a 9 or 10 difficulty, who cares about bonus points.

So there you go, an adapter that finally works, just hope you have a 60Gb model Ps3 otherwise they say it won't work.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I'm looking at the Ion Pro metal dance pads.  The DDR station website lists them as being backward compatible with PS1 & PS2 games, but doesn't actually confirm that they work with the new game.  Does anyone know?  Otherwise I'll contact the company before buying.  Also has anyone used these or heard whether they're worth the price tag of over $800 for a pair?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 5, 2011

if your redoctane ignition pad Controller had different ports like for PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Wii, and USB port to connect to your PC. The USB should work on the PS3. I myself don't have the game. But i did confirm by just plugging the pads into the USB port on the PS3 and just went around the XMB menu. with using full functions like Up, Down, Left, Right, X button, and O button.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

May 12, 2011

search on yahoo for harts unlimited

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
523 posts

Aug 8, 2011

I would say the best way to go for full PS3 support is to take the "brain" or control box off of the Konami DDR pad that comes in the bundle and install that "brain" on to your Red Octane pad.  Thats what I did.  All you need is a phillips screw driver and maybe a little tape.  I put some pictures and stuff in this thread:  http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883364?tstart=0

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1134 posts

Oct 6, 2012

ik

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I have a standard PS2 Dace Revolution 2 pad and an adapter. The pad works, but only on the XMB. When I run DDR the pad is non-responsive. I have an older 80gb PS3 so it's running a PS2 game.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes