Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2010
By: Axriel First Son 26 posts

DLC Pricing

0 replies 459 views Edited Dec 16, 2010

Anyone who plays Music/Rhythm games knows that most of them all include a DLC option to download new music to play to. DDR has been out for over a month now and still lacks the promised 100+ tracks that were supposed to be availabe on day one. But I wonder, when they do release, how much will they be. 

Typically, music sold via the PSN for games like Guitar Hero, RockBand, Def Jam Rapstar, and DJ Hero all start at the asking price of 1.99$. While that is considerably overpriced in my opinion as it lacks usability in anything other than the game, and I can buy the same music on iTunes for $.69, I have to say its a standard now set.

But I have a bone to pick: All those games feature full songs. You play through the entire 3:58 of a song. DDR is a series that has been out for 10 years, and very rarely do they release "full songs". I don't think it's ever happened, most DDR songs are a range of 1 - 2 minutes. 

I don't know about you, but I am going to be furious when they eventually release their late DLC and charge 1.99 for an incomplete song that I can't even listen to in my freetime. 

Who's with me!?

Message 1 of 1 (459 Views)
0 Likes