Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2010
By: Axriel First Son 26 posts

Dance Dance Revolution on ... Xbox 360?

4 replies 582 views Edited Dec 16, 2010

No one knows why, but Konami is announcing the current DDR for PS3 and Wii is making it's way, though delayed, to the Xbox 360. This comes as a surprise to many as there was no news of this within the last two years. One can only assume it's probably the main reason the game was delayed the year, and still lacks any DLC on the PSN. 

What I don't understand, as Naoki has stated, is that they had a whole new team work on this DDR. While the DDR PS2, Wii, and XBOX teams were all seperate, I wonder: what happened to them? 

One of the great features of the previous DDR games for Xbox 360 is the Store, and its online playing capabilities. One must wonder: Will this DDR for XBOX 360 hold any "online" features over the head of PS3 users? I hope not.

Message 1 of 5 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Re: Dance Dance Revolution on ... Xbox 360?

Dec 18, 2010
Well PS3 has move and 360 will not support yet and no octo-move mode so my guess is that 360 ver you have to pay if you want to use it. 360 lacks of lots of features that PS3 has.
Message 2 of 5 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Dec 21, 2010

theres been a bunch of DDR games released on 360

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 3 of 5 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 21, 2010

I know that.  But they used to have 2 seperate teams, one for PS2, the Max, Extreme, Supernova etc teams, while the 360 had a Ultramix and Universe team. Naoki confirmed the team that worked on the current itteration of DDR for PS3 and Wii were an entirely new team, and now its being ported to 360, the same game, across the board, rather than seperate games.

However, the Universe (360) versions of DDR had online gameplay, while the current DDR lacks any online functions other than DLC (there is no support at this time for DLC) and Trophies on the PS3. 

I was merely trying to point out what a huge step back this will be lacking the features of the previous 360 versions, and the lackluster songlist, and pointing out how still there is no DLC available, yet they are announcing a game for the 360. The current PS3 version was delayed a year, so I wonder, was this suprise 360 Announcement the reason for the Delay?

Message 4 of 5 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Aug 12, 2013
I know sony gets more japanese games. DDR is japanese right? so i would imagine we get better content?

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (115 Views)
0 Likes