Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Re: Impressions of the new DDR for the Ps3

Nov 20, 2010

you can only take vids of KONAMI Originals as well. I'm upping the erst of them now though my PS3.
other notes:
- Challenge Steps are actually 8-Panel Mode which explains the need for SQUARE and TRIANGLE on the mat.
- Licenses are songs your mom/girlfriend/girls are going to enjoy. You'll get sick of them after initial listen.
- MOVE & STEP is interesting, but not enough ti save the game.
- Workout is workout. It hasn't changed much from DDR on the PSone.
- Club Mode is basically Nonstop meets Battle. Select a number of songs and you're off. The game throws random mods at you and ups/downs the difficulty based on your performance. Nothing terribly challenging. THIS IS ALSO THE ONLY WAY TO UNLOCK SONGS. As you reach a new skill level, you unlock a song. They also rate you after your set is done. There's at least 5 different ratings, all of which have a trophy attached to them. So if you get Club Master on your first go-round, it won't give you trophies for the other ratings which sucks because you have to basically fail out to get the others, but it's hard to gauge what rating you're at.
- Trophies are easy to get.
- Timing window seems huge, but not so huge you can get a AAA FPC without trying. Pretty sure grading is based on the X system if I'm remembering right. You can break come and still get an AAA.
- Vids are useful I guess. At least you can see the game now.
- Naoki is getting lazy with his songs. Rescue Me = MEMORIES from Extreme. Go ahead and listen. I'll wait.
- No BG dancers
- No edit mode
- No doubles
- No "cool" random vids
- No online play
- Arrow explosion isn't too bad
- Hard to see your judgement during song (at the very top in tiny words)
- Combo actually does the ITG thing flashing GOLD when all PERFECT combo, GREEN in all GREAT, BLUE in all GOOD. 
- Combo counter is huge.
- Screen seems too big for the game. Not much going on in the background or the sides.
- CHAIN is stupid. A few extra points for keeping combo when the game goes to FLAT noteskin
- The basic arrow skin is atrocious. You're pretty much forced to use SOLO or whatever it's called in this game.
- Groove Trigger or whatever is activated by the player. Using a DualShock, you flick the right analog stick in any direction. On the dance pad, you slide your foot to the right of the UP arrow (X Button) on the dance pad. Can only be used when Dance Gauge is full. Lasts for a few seconds, gets you some extra points, cuts your Dance Gauge in half.
- UI is pretty...boring. Animated, but definitely lazy. Black and Red? Ugh.
- Announcer is announcer. If you hated him in X, you'll hate him in this one. He's a bit more tolerable now though.
that's all I got for now. Hope that helps if you decide to buy the game or not. I'm upping vids of all the KO's right now, and I'll start on Challenge Steps and Move & Step vids once these are done.
Message 11 of 16 (901 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17205 posts

Nov 21, 2010

Anybody else notice that there is no more Extra Stages and Encore Extra Stages in the PS3 version compared to all the other versions?

The mentioned stages were only attained if you earned a AA or AAA on Expert/Challenge on Final Stage. Same goes with the Extra Stage to unlock Encore Extra Stage.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 12 of 16 (901 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Nov 21, 2010

I figured that out as soon as I saw Free Play Mode and a lack of # OF SONGS option. Sucks too, I love extra stage

Message 13 of 16 (901 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Nov 29, 2010

JinZX1 wrote:

- Naoki is getting lazy with his songs. Rescue Me = MEMORIES from Extreme. Go ahead and listen. I'll wait.

DUDE! You just blew my mind, they are almost EXACT. Man, he is getting lazy, that's more than obvious when you play them back to back. At least it's a good song/beat otherwise it would be a total fail.

Message 14 of 16 (901 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Dec 21, 2010

The modes were probably axed because its a multi platform release.  Much like the latest Scene It which blows compared to previous versions.

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 15 of 16 (901 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Dec 23, 2010

i sold it and went back and got a used slim ps2 ddrmax ddrmax2 supernova extreme and all the other ones off ebay for less than what this new game costed and i'm having infinitely more fun now

Message 16 of 16 (901 Views)
0 Likes