Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
22 posts

Re: PS3 DDR Game Releases October 2010

Jul 8, 2010

Amazon now lists the game for release on Nov 3rd.  Oct 1st was the first day of Q3 and was not a real release date, Nov 3rd might actually happen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Revolution-Game-8-Arrow-PlayStation-3/dp/B002DC8GI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s...

Message 60 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Jul 9, 2010

HA!  They finally moved it back from October again?  I honestly don't see the point of expecting this anymore.  They have officially delayed it OVER A YEAR now so I'm ditching it.  I'm sick of them backing it up over and over again, either make the dang game and let us play some DDR on the ps3 (the ONLY system that can't play it at this point; where's the loyality to us original DDR fans on the ps1?) or tell us you've dropped the ball and it's not happening.  Stupid konami... I doubt they are even working on it anymore and just don't have the heart to drop the bomb (haha, good song) on us that it's not coming.

Message 61 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jul 9, 2010

@ Sabin: Unfortunately, you may be right, BUT only in the sense that they are going to keep delaying the game to possibly next year...

...BUT, Naoki has STATED that they are STILL working on this game, so they have not dropped this game yet, it's just still in the works and as to specifically WHEN this game will drop, no one knows...

...i really don't care for waiting, besides we might be getting the exact port of DDR X2 AC from Japan as the PS3 game, and if you guys have seen lately, THERE IS SO MANY AMAZING THINGS IN THAT MACHINE! Captain Jack Revivial, Saints Go Marching In revival, If You Were Here revival AND REMIX, Poseidon (kors k mix), BREAK DOWN revival, roppongiEVOLVED VER. D, and SO MUCH MORE! If Konami is delaying the game to make it have THIS STUFF in it, i don't care if i wait till 2012 for this game to come out

Message 62 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Don't get me wrong dude, I love DDR.  I played it a few times on the ps1 and when I got a ps2, it was one of the first games I bought.  I have bought every DDR for the ps2 up through the Supernova's as they have come out.  I have taught half a dozen people how to play and become experts (or at least, people who can play on hard mode).  I'm not a die hard who can AAA Max300 but I'm just sayin, I love DDR. 

I specifically went looking for a 60Gb Ps3 (after they were discontinued) so I could still play my DDR.  I bought adapters, found the lag issue to be too much, I bought USB pads that work 70% of the time, I've bought different foam inserts to try and get them to be more accurate.  I've even written to Konami probably half a dozen times saying PLEASE MAKE DDR ON THE PS3!  After waiting over a year, and getting screwed (yes gaming companies, when you say a release date and don't follow through MULTIPLE TIMES we feel SCREWED!) a few times, I'm tired of waiting.  I'm simply no longer anticipating it. 

Naoki is probably "still working" on the game, but I doubt they will finish it before the Ps3 is on it's last legs.  If it comes out, fine, and I might buy it at this point (Actually I just want a better softpad, Konami always made the best) but I'd actually have to think about it because they've put us off, the original DDR supporters (started on the ps1), for so long.  It's in the pot of Star Wars Battlefront III for me: No longer expecting to come out and not listening to rumors, only seeing is believing at this point.

Message 63 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Jul 9, 2010
Naoki on facebook stated that DDR series for consoles going to be out winter of 2010 rather than in the fall...

http://www.facebook.com/zach.nuvorravong?v=wall&story_fbid=131735960199986#!/profile.php?id=100000072496208

Keep up with him so you guys know what to expect, thanks
Message 64 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 19, 2010

I have to agree with Sabin. I've been waiting as well for a PS3 version of DDR. Arriving at this point, I didn't even care if they had simply made better graphics, included a better PSN/head-to-head, and threw all that into an old game, and called it DDR Extreme 2 for PS3. And it was finally going to come out; a sequal. Regardless of the setlist, I was excited. Then it got pushed back. And pushed back again. And again. Now OVER A YEAR. It's in the /exact/ same boat as Battlefront III: Both Amazon and Gamestop have posted for presales, but nothing official from the actual developer. Does anybody know where these two get their release dates from, anyhow? Because I'm very interested to find out. Anyhow, from the looks of things, we're all just waiting for something that developers seem to have forgotten. There's much proof that are coming out and in development, but when? Over a year for tweaks? I'm with Sabin, now guys. It's been fun hoping and wishing, but it just plain sucks when nothing ever happens. Getting tossed around by developers with the help of false hopes, rumors, unofficial prerelease, "sources" who have gotten a few things right in the past, and just plain stupid compatibility issues (if you think the new gamepads aren't going to pose as an issue, think again. Just look at guitar hero and rock band. At this point, it's just stupid. If you want both games on two systems, that's what, eight plastic guitars?) has finally gotten to be enough for me. I'll sit and wait for whatever sony, konami, lucasarts, namco, and so on and so forth decide to send our way, and dig in my pocket for whatever my wallet can afford. Outside of that, it appears that our voices are not heard anyhow. Proof? How many analog sticks do we still have on any PSP to date?

Well guys, this particular thread has caught enough of my attention to make for my first post. I find myself in the PS forums a lot, and decided to finally let my voice out. I would very much like to hear what you have to say abbout it.

EDIT: I sent a message to Amazon-
I would first like to say that I love this website, and I appreciate your services very much. With that to the side, it is obvious that you (as a company) participate in the presale of several items, dealing a lot in the video game industry. For the most part, these items arrive on time, such as the Guitar Hero games, Rock Band Games, Madden, UFC, and so on and so forth. However, sometimes, most notably with Star Wars: Battlefront III, and not far behind with DDR for PS3, Amazon (in conjunction with Target, in the case of DDR) has put up certain games for presale without any official word from the game developers and publishers, and the dates for the release either get pushed back or taken down. I was wondering where Amazon and Target (and even Gamestop, if you know the answer to that) get the information for the release of such games. Is it from the game developers, manufacturers, publishers, distributors or someone else? I was simply wondering where the official word that contacts you comes from. Thank you for your help!
Rowdyrick3

The reply was simply....

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

We rely on the manufacturer/publisher for release date information. Thanks for sending us your comments! We want to provide service on a level customers will remember, and it's great to know we've succeeded.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Jofert C.
Amazon.com

Should I attempt to contact them again, and ask if there's any way to get this word for the actual release of the game from the company? Me thinks yes.

Message 65 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Jul 21, 2010

Wow dude, at least you got a response.  I've sent several emails to Konami asking about DDR on the Ps3, if and when it would ever come out simply begging them to make it and have gotten ZERO responses, so it shows how much they care because it has been months.  You could try getting more information out of Amazon, but honestly like I said the effort is futile at this point for me in trying to get DDR on the Ps3 to happen.  Yes, the pad is probably the ultimate problem, but that is the one thing most of us want is an official Konami pad on the ps3 (third party ones kinda suck).  At least if I had a pad I could play my ps2 DDR games on my backwards compatible Ps3 but no, right now I've got 6 DDR games sitting collecting dust because my 3rd party pads are 60% accurate at best.  Good luck though, let us know if you find anything, like where these Konami guys live so we can force them to make it... hahaha.

Message 66 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Jul 22, 2010

He said new info is coming sometime next month and it will  be worth the wait.

Message 67 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jul 22, 2010

Tony is right, Naoki Maeda has stated on his Facebook that come August we will get some news that we have been "waiting for", ALTHOUGH it COULD also mean the DDR X2 AC version for the US...

....that is, IF WE DIDN'T ALREADY GET A TEST LOCATION! That's right! As you are reading this post, there is already a "secret" test location for the DDR X2 US AC going on right now! So this COULD mean that we WILL FINALLY get some news come August! Maybe for both (official release dates on both games/arcade).

Message 68 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Jul 24, 2010

This goes for the EU as well... well the arcade no news on the cs for EU yet but soon?

Message 69 of 183 (504 Views)
0 Likes