Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 29 2011
By: PoogieOne Splicer 80 posts

Corrupt Data....

6 replies 611 views Edited Oct 29, 2011

Does anyone know anyway to repair corrupt data? The plug to my ps3 got bumped and off it went, and now I've lost over 40 hours of gameplay. I was like level 70 and there is no friggin way I'm restarting.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Re: Corrupt Data....

Oct 30, 2011

idk >_> thats why I did the soul glitched lost like 80 hours

illdie Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (611 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Oct 30, 2011

You could try going into Safe Mode and using the Restore File System option to see if anything could be repaired. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to backup the Dark Souls save file without the PlayStation Plus subscription for use of the Online Storage for backups.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Oct 30, 2011

So I'd want to do the restore file system? And it would only delete my data for things that are corrupted and cannot be repaired?

Also, does that glitch with the dragon head work? If so I suppose I could rush to that point and glitch back to my level and enough souls to get some of my equipment back. Although that would still take a lot longer then I'd like

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (611 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Oct 30, 2011

Restore File System simply checks the drive for consistency and makes repairs where it can. It does not affect undamaged files. If it finds corrupted data that it cannot repair, then it will mark it as such. It's worth a try in your case.

You should make backups of all your other save games. A spare USB thumb drive will let you backup non-copy-prohibited save game files.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Oct 30, 2011

idk if you can copy the save data since you can't in demons souls. If you have playstation plus you can save your data online which is probably the only reason I would get it. Hopefully you can recover.

illdie Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Oct 30, 2011

Dark Souls is copy protected like Demon's Souls was... which is sooo stupid. I've had savedata on my PS3 and PSP go corrupt before and I've been able to fix it on my computer, but they had to go put a stupid copy protect on the data :/ I mean they could of just made it only playable online from one account and not worried about copied savedata.  Also, it would be nice to have another way to back it up then to pay for playstation plus, which isn't worth it unless you buy a lot of downloadable content.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (611 Views)
0 Likes