Feb 17 2013
By: Punfisher Lombax Warrior 252 posts

DS3 disable personality bot?

4 replies 416 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

I bought the bot personality pack and took it for a spin.  It actually annoys me and I would like to disable or delete it.  There seems to be no feature to disable the voice in the game.  And there's no game data for the add-on that I can remove it. Surely there's a way to disable it.  I've got around 60 hours in this game and I'm really tempted to just uninstall everything Dead Space and start over from scratch. 

Surely the developers were aware that not everyone would like this feature.  Maybe it's a conspiracy.  LOL.  Maybe they want us to quit using the bots and pay real money for resource packs instead of gathering rations.  I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13199 posts

Re: DS3 disable personality bot?

Feb 18, 2013

I'm glad I saw a video on YouTube showing how the personality worked. Very annoying to say the least. Sounds like a british butler lol. Not going to buy it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 19, 2013
They seriously need to turn this thing off... worst purchase I've ever made. TURN IT OFF!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (392 Views)
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I figured it out!  I'm finally whole again I've turned it off!!  I've turned it off!!  Go to the XMB.  Then Game Data Utility.  Delete Dead Space 3.  That's your add-ons and such.  Then go to the Playstation Store and re-download your online pass and add-ons, but do not re-download the bot personality pack. Start your game back up, reinstall version 1.02 and you will never hear that irritating voice bot ever again.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (376 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 2, 2013

It actually cracks me up lol

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (335 Views)
0 Likes