Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 08 2013
By: Ma_Petite First Son 2 posts

Dead Space 3 Loading Crash

8 replies 877 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

Hi-- I got my copy of Dead Space 3 and it causes my 1st Gen. PS3 to crash evertime the Title Screen loads.

I returned the game and got a second copy and it does the same thing in the exact same spot.  The system acts like it is overheating and shuts off with a flashing red light.  

The system plays all other games, movies, and streaming content fine including other newer game titles like Assassins Creed III and LEGO LotR. My PS3 is not overheating and has been cleaned thorougly of any dust that could have accumulated.

I have turned the system off and left it unplugged for at least 10 hours and upon start up, Dead Space 3 still crashes the system.  I have freed up the entire hard drive except for about 3 gb of memory and have performed the newest system updates.

Come on awesome people--teach me all the magical fixes.

Message 1 of 9 (877 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Dead Space 3 Loading Crash

Feb 16, 2013
My honest opinion is to get a new PS3. I had the exact same problem when Black Ops 2 came out, and the patch that they came out with didn't fix it. I also downloaded the DS3 demo, and couldn't play it because it would shut down my system. No where I have looked has an easy fix for it. MAYBE if you replaced/upgraded the Blu Ray drive, but it still might not work, and could cost you wasted time and money. Sorry man, that sucks:/
Message 2 of 9 (812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Oh and also, I ended up using my stepbrother's PS3 that's a more recent gen, and Black Ops2 worked on it.
Message 3 of 9 (811 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4224 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Yishay is correct. Sadly, a lot of people with the old PS3 have encountered this problem with a few newer games.

I have no idea what the cause of the problem is, but obviously it's the hardware and not the game.

I would recommend contacting Sony.

When I got the YLOD on my PS3 fatboy for the 3rd time, I finally took Sony up on their offer to send me a 120GB PS3 Slim for $99 bucks + my old PS3.

Which was cheaper than having them fix my 60GB fatboy.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 9 (805 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 3, 2013

3  different ps3 consoles, 3 different user names , 2 different DS3 discs. Optional missions, elevator rides, walking through doors as an autosave is happening. 4 times on the mission where you put on the snowsuit so you can go out side. Can't walk through the door without a freeze point and wiped save file. I have saved and quit the game and copied what should have been a "clean" save started at the last "uninterrupted part of the story' and made it through that door but now my game is pretty much ended on the optional "armory" mission. can't take the elevator back to the surface. The sad thing is that EA will not even admit there is a problem with the game. There WAS a 6 page thread on the PSN forums on this topic a few days ago but that seems to have dissapeared. A new one started up - wasa bout 3 pages long with complaints but now that one has mysteriously vanished also. Do you think that thats because PSN has the game for sale on the store?? Do you think the $15 add-ons sales might suffer if people thought there was a problem with the game.

Message 5 of 9 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 3, 2013

I don't have a problem loading. My problem is the game freezes at autosave points or when an "objective added " notice appears. I have seen "progre" on the screen and "objecti" on the screen at the moment of freeze. sometimes when i power off the ps3 or remove the disc (beep, beep, beep) the save file is corrupted and now says zero percent complete or if you check your saves you now find a save slot one, save slot 2 and a mysterious save slot 99 or ZERO- which doesn't even exist. i made copied of my save after a sucessful shut down and tried reloading those but somewhere along the line those seemed to have been bad saves also becuse all progress will end at the same point each time. Even if a deliberately start a level back, when i get to the same point I am finished. I have also tried deleting my GAME DATA file and reinstalling with no luck.

Message 6 of 9 (736 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2013

im glad im not the only one having this issue with this game. I bought the disk wouldn't work returned it and just now bought it off the PSN and still having the same issue, if you get any reply you have to let me know what they say

Message 7 of 9 (671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 27, 2013
It's because the newest games (disk versions & DC) are not guaranteed to work on the older hardware systems since they have been developed on new generation consoles with a slightly different system coding, very lame and deceptive way to push for new console sales.
Message 8 of 9 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 28, 2013
And when you contact Sony they run you through the standard procedures, if you already know these you can save yourself the trouble, and do them yourself, boot into safe mode and do a file system restore option #3. Odds are that there will be a corruption in your hard drive it will attempt to fix this and restart your console. Now reset your modem and router. If the problem persists after these steps the last thing to do would be to delete your game data utility file and re install all content for the game. Try playing while you are not logged into your PSN account as it may be a problem with verification of your dlc content.
Message 9 of 9 (633 Views)
0 Likes