Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 02 2013
By: ossiecastro5 Welcoming Committee 11903 posts

Any tips for this game?

17 replies 350 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

Alright, I, as well as others, will play this game for the first time tomorrow; this will be free for PS +.

I heard that this game is very, very hard. I would like to ask if there are any tips or hints anyone can offer.

Also, I heard that this game has online gameplay. Can anyone further elaborate on this?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18 (350 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Re: Any tips for this game?

Apr 2, 2013

Biggest tip: take your time and study the enemy move sets. Most, if not all, enemies (including bosses) have some weakness or opening to exploit.

Focus on one trait, and don't spread yourself too thin when leveling, and hand-in-hand find a weapon or class (tank, dodger) to push for.

Use your shield or learn to dodge like crazy- but keep an eye on your stamina (nothing sucks more than blocking, but being staggered because of it).

Just remember to have fun and keep at it, it will frustrate you, but it is soooooo rewarding when you finally take down that one boss that was giving you a hard time.

Enjoy and Praise the Sun!

On-line helps, and hopefully more people will be on-line with it being free for Plus members.

Who dares,wins!
Message 2 of 18 (344 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6482 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Suggest you check out the wiki for details on how the online play works:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

I had a blast playing this game - it is hard, and requires a great deal of patience.  Having players co-op with you to defeat the bosses is a definite plus.  If you need any info please feel free to add me: vfr_800_rider

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 3 of 18 (340 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Apr 2, 2013

speed is most important

never  encumber yourself

slowness = death

Message 4 of 18 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11903 posts

Apr 2, 2013

So far, this looks quite interesting.

Is this game like DC Universe Online? Can I complete the story mode and the game with the assisstance of other players?

Message 5 of 18 (333 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6482 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Have no idea what DCUO is like, but yes, you can complete the game with assistance from other players.  You may very well HAVE to get help as some of the bosses can be quite challenging until you get to know them.

Not much of a story, but a few bits thrown in here and there.

My personal rating - 9.5 out of 10

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 6 of 18 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11903 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Ok, I just did part of the tutorial last night. It IS hard.  :smileysurprised:

Which is the best class to play as? I choose soilder and it was a bit tricky.

Message 7 of 18 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I'm looking forward to finally playing this. My brother has been trying to get me to play it and "Dark Souls" for months now.

I watched him play a little of both. They looked difficult, yet fun and rewarding.

I didn't even get into "Borderlands" until it was offered for free on PS+ (and then I ran out and bought the GOTY edition.)

If I enjoy "Demon's Souls" as much, I'll probably do the same thing.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 8 of 18 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11903 posts

Apr 4, 2013

*sighs* I think I'm still stuck on the first level. I was lucky to kill that black blob thing in the castle palace. But afterwards is giving me trouble.  :smileysad:

How can we turn on multiplayer or get players to help?

Message 9 of 18 (253 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Apr 4, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

*sighs* I think I'm still stuck on the first level. I was lucky to kill that black blob thing in the castle palace. But afterwards is giving me trouble.  :smileysad:

How can we turn on multiplayer or get players to help?

From what I've seen, you can't invite people to your game or anything like that.

The "multiplayer" aspect is the blood stains that are messages left by players. They are rated as helpful or not.

The only way people can join your game, is if they use an item that allows them to enter another players world and either help them or screw around with them. Who's world they join is completely random.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 18 (250 Views)
0 Likes