Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Re: Any tips for this game?

Apr 5, 2013

The "Royalty" is good for beginners who like to keep their distance from enemies.  "Soul Arrow" is pretty strong early on, and you start with the "Fragrant Ring" that offers some MP regeneration.  The starting armor is 'light', so you can run fast and quickly evade enemy attacks.

The "Temple Knight" works very well in close combat.  The 'Halberd' can be very deadly when two-handed.  You can also perform a 'sweeping technique' when you're surrounded by enemies.

I seemed to do better with these 2 classes than any of the others early on. 

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9488 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Ok, I got the blue and white stones. I think you use them for multiplayer. But I don't know how to use them.  :smileysad:

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (325 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5110 posts

Apr 5, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

*sighs* I think I'm still stuck on the first level. I was lucky to kill that black blob thing in the castle palace. But afterwards is giving me trouble.  :smileysad:

How can we turn on multiplayer or get players to help?

From what I've seen, you can't invite people to your game or anything like that.

The "multiplayer" aspect is the blood stains that are messages left by players. They are rated as helpful or not.

The only way people can join your game, is if they use an item that allows them to enter another players world and either help them or screw around with them. Who's world they join is completely random.

Sorry, that's not correct.

When you are in "body" form you will see white markers on the ground that are left by other players who are willing to help you.  When you are on the white marker you will see an image of the player and can summon them into your world for co-op play.  They will be your allies.

The drawback is that when you are in "body" form you can be invaded by other players who's aim is to kill you.

When you are in "dead" form you cannot summon other players and thus will not see the white markers.  Nor can you be invaded.  The price for this "peace of mind" is that you will have less HP (health) than your maximum.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (317 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5110 posts

Apr 5, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Ok, I got the blue and white stones. I think you use them for multiplayer. But I don't know how to use them.  :smileysad:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/eyestones

Please have a look at the wiki.  It has tons and tons of information about Demon's Souls.  The writers spent an enormous amount of time putting it all together and it is worth the time to read.

I found that I could not get through the game without using the wiki.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Do not die.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Apr 11, 2013

This is the most confusing game I have ever played.  I suppose getting the game on PSN and not having in instruction manual makes it more confusing.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

Those "white markers" are actually Blue and they are called soul signs (ss).  Rarely you will see Red soul signs.  Only in curtain spots can you see these signs.  Normally they are near the beginning of each world or stage.  Sometimes you can find them right before a boss fog and then sometimes you can find them else were.    

• Blue stones is used to "lay down your soul sign" to help someone else as a blue phantom.  Once the stage is completed the soul form player returns as a body form player.  Stone can only be used when in soul form. 

• White Stone is used to return you to your world when your are a Blue phantom. Used for what ever reason you may have for wanting to return yourself to your world.  Only used in soul from as a blue phantom. 

• Black Stone is used to invade someone else game and to kill the body form player (pvp).  You are called a Black Phantom and once the body form player is killed you will return to your world as in body form.  Stone can only be used in soul form. (You get this stone once you kill your first NPC black phantom)  

• Red Stone is used to lay down your Black Phantom soul sign.  In this case a body form player can summon you for a challenge or has the option to not summon you at all.  Its used for direct pvp.  This stone is acquired at start of NG+ (after you beat the game).  

Unlike Dark Souls, we are all in one server. Far as i know i have only met people in the US.  So there shouldn't be much problems connecting with friends, you just have to be in the right soul level range.  

The soul level range for Demon's Souls is -12 or +12 of your current soul level.  So say for example you are level 30, you can play with other people as low as 18 and as high as 42.  Correct if im mistaken but this seems to have always worked for me.

For anyone's first play through you should kinda experiment with all the classes.  Get a good feel for the game. Expose yourself to the different weapons and builds.  Looking at the wiki right now will probably just confuse the F out of you.  

Once you have decided you had enough of your vanilla character you can start your second character that will hopefully be more centered to just one build i.e.. Strength, dexterity, magic, faith, or luck.  What you really want to do is pick a weapon(s) you want to use and then build your character around it.  The Demon's Souls wiki is good for getting information on all weapons.  I highly suggest you go visit it.... but on your second play through (If you understand it on your first character - then good for you). 

If anyone has any question or would like to know more about something feel free to message me on PSN i-800-infantry.  I'll be more then happy to help you.   

Oh and if i happen to invade any you then just mention something about the PS Forums and i will try to help you get to the boss fog rather then kill you.  And don't worry about me killing you when you are messaging, i always wait for the body form player to make the first attack.  btw I am soul level 30 and have no plans on going higher.  

Umbasa

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I heard that this game is very, very hard. I would like to ask if there are any tips or hints anyone can offer.

The game is nearly as difficult as people hype it to be. What it is however, is unforgiving. It punishes you unmercifully for mistakes.

The most important thing (IMO) is dont get hit. Doesnt matter if youre wearing cloth or plate armour, taking hits is never a good idea.
Watch your characters encumberance, stay nimble, and roll baby roll.

If you dont get hit often, you will have a much easier time with the game.

Also, watch where enemies spawn, and as mentioned, how they attack. They rarely (if ever) pull something new on you.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (164 Views)
0 Likes