Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 29 2013
By: DNG-PaasDieJonco Fender Bender 4292 posts
Accepted Solution

Anyone else getting lost at Tower of Latria?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 547 views Edited Apr 29, 2013

This level is like a maze to me. I turned off that arrow firing defence system but have absolutely no idea what to do/where to go next. Any tips?

ETA: Also just lost 10k souls.. :smileysad:

Got another question; I'm a knight and right now my stats are Vitality 24, Endurance 27 and Strength 18. If I want to increase Strength my attack power stays the same 164>164. Why is this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Re: Anyone else getting lost at Tower of Latria?

Apr 29, 2013

If you haven't unlocked Sage Freke's cell yet, there's a spiral staircase near that giant statue that leads to a straight path into one of the church's balconies.  Kill the guy sitting on the bench(This is important).  Then, take the key from the wall and head back to rescue Sage Freke.

The boss of the area is behind the huge door of the church up those steps directly behind that statue.  Be careful though.  Keep your guard up as you make your way to the huge door.

From what I can remember, your attack power doesn't always increase as you raise 'Strength'.  But, remember, the weapons in this game have different grades of modifiers.  If your favorite weapon has a 'Strength' grade of "A", then you're definitely going to see an improvement as you raise your 'Strength' attribute. 

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (536 Views)
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Thanks for the reply and directions. I have not yet seen the information about the weapon grades yet. Definitely going to check that out. Again, thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Apr 30, 2013

You're welcome.  I try to help when I can.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Melegeant wrote:

If you haven't unlocked Sage Freke's cell yet, there's a spiral staircase near that giant statue that leads to a straight path into one of the church's balconies.  Kill the guy sitting on the bench(This is important).  Then, take the key from the wall and head back to rescue Sage Freke.

The boss of the area is behind the huge door of the church up those steps directly behind that statue.  Be careful though.  Keep your guard up as you make your way to the huge door.

From what I can remember, your attack power doesn't always increase as you raise 'Strength'.  But, remember, the weapons in this game have different grades of modifiers.  If your favorite weapon has a 'Strength' grade of "A", then you're definitely going to see an improvement as you raise your 'Strength' attribute. 

wait...i'm also playing this part...why should i kill the weird guy on the bench? he says that he won't bother me...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

May 2, 2013

Heisem wrote:

Melegeant wrote:

wait...i'm also playing this part...why should i kill the weird guy on the bench? he says that he won't bother me...

You have to eventually.  It's best you do it sooner, than later.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3493 posts

May 2, 2013

Heisem wrote:

Melegeant wrote:

If you won't kill him..

Spoiler
The boss keeps respawning

Tower of Latria is my favorite level! :smileyhappy: First time playing that level was awesome!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (503 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5462 posts

May 2, 2013

Heisem wrote:

Melegeant wrote:

>snip<

The reason why is included in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
If you don't kill the guy on the bench then when you go to fight the boss, the Fool's Idol, she will respawn as soon as you kill her and you will not be able to complete the boss fight.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

May 4, 2013

I look at the killing of that guy, and the others in the prison cells, as maybe 'saving' them more than anything else.  But, those other weird messed-up nasty piles of poo from the rest of the area can kiss the fattest part of my arse. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

May 4, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

Heisem wrote:

Melegeant wrote:

>snip<

The reason why is included in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
If you don't kill the guy on the bench then when you go to fight the boss, the Fool's Idol, she will respawn as soon as you kill her and you will not be able to complete the boss fight.

thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (485 Views)
0 Likes