Apr 11 2013
By: MonkeyDad1977 Gaming Beast 2358 posts

Autosave question

6 replies 581 views Edited Apr 11, 2013

Is the best way to make sure that the game saves what you last did is to quit to main menu?  I thought I read somewhere that the game saves when you quit to the main menu.  I just started this game so I don't really understand the way the autosave system works.  Also how does saving in the Nexus work, like if I buy a bunch of stuff and upgrade stuff then quit?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Re: Autosave question

Apr 12, 2013

I wouln't worry so much about it.  The game is pretty good about auto saving. I have never had a problems.  I usually quit the game in the nexus though.  I would wait for the little auto save icon at the top right on screen to disappear and then i just quit.  Again, i have never had or heard of anyone have problems with stuff not saving and iv'e been playing the game since it came out in the US.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (573 Views)
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Thanks for the info.  Also, do you know what the best weapons are that a knight should use?  Should I stick to a sword a shield primarily? Right now I have the long sword +4 and the kite shield +3 that I stick with 100% of the time.  For now I'm focusing on upgrading the two and depositing any other weapons and shields that I get.  I'd appreciate any info that you could give me about gearing up the knight properly.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Ok, so you started out as a knight. The type of class really only matters for the tutorial and then 1-1. Once you are able to level your character you can pretty much shape him to anything you want.

For a beginner I would try and get a winged spear. If you haven't got it already from a drop from a dead enemy, then there is one as a treasure in 1-2; at the first section of the Lon bridge with the dragon there should be 3 treasures or more on that part after u run through it. Try to get that spear because it will help you out a lot in the next world.

I can't really tell you what weapon to get because that will be making to many decision for you. What you need to figure out is what kind of build you want to be ie str, dex, mag, faith, or luck. The long sword is an ok weapon but your going to need to get something better to dealing with thing later in the game. You will ome across more weapons or venders that will sell better weapons.

Personally what I hunk for your first play through, you should just do what ever. Kinda experiment with all the builds a little. Expose yourself to all the weapons and armor. Try out different weapons, umay find out some weapons work better with others.

Upgrading a weapon with ores is your best bet. Some ores are better for different build types ie str dex mag faith. And some sore can only. E applied to curtain weapon types ie curved, straight, axe, pole, pierce(?). Hardstone and sharptstone are the basic upgrading ores. You will eventually find more of different kinds.

My very first play character I used a +10 flamberge and a steel shield. And I had str and dex matched at like 40. It was a vanilla character. My second play through made a faith build. Second play through was runner because I had a lot more understanding of what I was doing.

I hope this helped. More questions just ask.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (436 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Sorry for the misspelling and weird sentencing. I'm using my iPhone and it likes to correct things and add stuff not the way I intended
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I now have 91% of the trophies for Demon's Souls.  All that I have left to get is the Saint's trophy which is for learning all miracles.  Soon that Demon's Souls platinum shall be mine! Smile

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (365 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5110 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Congrats!  Feels good when you get to a point whereby you can see your way to the Plat!

Don't forget to post in the Platinum Cookie Club thread - but beware, you'll have to swear allegiance to the Baker of the Cookie, Fexelea and you'll have to swear you did not trade weapons to get the Plat.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (363 Views)
0 Likes