Feb 06 2010
By: Jacks-over Sackboy 445 posts

Demon's Souls Hate mail

23 replies 83 views Edited Feb 6, 2010

This is one of the few msgs I got without swearing after I successfully ambushed the host and his 2 Blue phantoms twice in the same invasion.

Subject: ur stupid

"this is a fighting game not a hiding game ur blocked and wont be seeing me"

lol post yours

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Demon's Souls Hate mail

Feb 6, 2010
Killed a guy killing the dragon in 1-4.  No message title, but it said this.  "your a f***ing a$shole"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Feb 6, 2010

kaysblake wrote:
Killed a guy killing the dragon in 1-4.  No message title, but it said this.  "your a f***ing a$shole"

yea that would piss me off too lol but it is his fault for doing it while in body form

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Fencejumpr
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Feb 6, 2010

lol when i invade in 1-2 and see that the host is killing the dragon i help him. they usually run down the tower and meet me at the end of the bridge, i run past them and head on up and start shooting at the dragon til host comes up to meet me and i just keep running around him til he gets the point that i will help. lol. bowing works too. 

ofcourse.... it doesnt last, im sure they are very panicky when there is a bp beside them and they always end up trying to backstab me. (it never kills me though so i get to fight back)

but i did help one guy kill his dragon :smileytongue: then i went on to clear his way for him. then i firestormed him to death right infront of boss fog as he was bowing to me :smileytongue: 

then i got funny hatemail (sort of). which said "thanks for helping with the dragon! p.s. your firestorm is weak n00b" 

executed1121
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2908 posts

Feb 6, 2010

Helper Black Phantoms who turn on the other player are lame. Sorry but it is just dishonest. If your intention is to kill the guy, then do so: ambush him, whatever, but don't mislead him to believe you are on his side and then kill him whilst he bows to you: that's just pathetic.

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Feb 6, 2010

Fexelea wrote:

Helper Black Phantoms who turn on the other player are lame. Sorry but it is just dishonest. If your intention is to kill the guy, then do so: ambush him, whatever, but don't mislead him to believe you are on his side and then kill him whilst he bows to you: that's just pathetic.

i did not invade his world to help him. but seeing that he was halfway done with the dragon i felt bad about killing him and having him do it again so i helped. which i do to all who are in the process. and i needed my body back, so i deem it fair. who would trust a black phantom anyway, i think trusting a demon (which are what black phantoms are) is pathetic. though on his 2nd run there will be no dragon so whats the problem. 

and as you said, ambush him. an ambush is a surprise attack least expected by the enemy. so in a way, i did ambush him. 

executed1121
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2908 posts

Feb 6, 2010

There are friendly black phantoms. I have done it plenty of times, and I don't think the hosts were pathetic for trusting me: they believed in what I showed to be my intentions and they trusted I would honor my standing.

Pretending to be friendly to then turning hostile is not ambushing, it is betraying. The other player bowed to you and you killed him the very moment he showed you respect: that is low and cowardly.

If you want to help him and then fight, then give the right signs before the fight so you can have a real duel. If you want to ambush, then do so without deception. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Feb 6, 2010

why do you purposely help players finish a level, do they not play the game to be able to play? and if these are your friends you are helping what a cheap way to go... whats the point in playing then.

honestly, i dont want to argue about such a silly thing oh honorable "helpful" black phantom. how i play is of my concern i just posted a reply to the OP, not dissing somebody on the way such as you are doing. why are you even on this thread, what hate mail have you gotten? "why the **bleep** are you killing the demons and ruining my game for me?"

a black phantom is supposed to be evil, not good. thats what blue phantoms are for, unless you are colorblind. so if i am a black phantom and i pretend to be good and kill the host that is his fault. i am not betraying him at all because if my intentions were to help i would be a BLUE phantom.

executed1121
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2908 posts

Feb 6, 2010

I can participate in whichever thread I please.

I have received plenty of hate mail in the year+ that I have been playing this game, but in this occassion I have chosen to highlight that I find the practice that you described pathetic. Your further inferences of my intentions are not of my creation.

You obviously know little about this game if you don't know why some people help as Black Phantoms. It was so widespread in the JP/Asia version that the English wikidot even has an entry on it:
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/online

And yes, I do prefer an honorable pvp. I do not like deception in either real or role playing life. That's just my view, and even if you disagree I will continue to qualify actions that I find lame as such.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (81 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 6, 2010
Personally I like it when I am invaded, or invading when the other player and I either bow or wave to each other before the fight starts.  Just seems like a show of something like "I'm ready, let's fight fair."  Or something like that.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes