Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 27 2013
By: Alluboy_ Fender Bender 3542 posts

How's DeS now that the digital download is available?

[ Edited ]
21 replies 495 views Edited Apr 27, 2013

Is summoning faster now? More newbies to help? Still pretty much "dead"?

I might start playing it again soon, so that's why I'm asking. Playing it alone is a bit boring, so being able to summon people would be great!

Edit. I just noticed my older thread.. I guess *this* place is the one that's pretty dead, haha. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 1 of 22 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: How's DeS now that the digital download is available?

Apr 27, 2013

I recently purchased this game and I constantly see white ghosts roaming around. I heard some of those are AI? Not sure about that. But most are other players right.

Message 2 of 22 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

DNG-PaasDieJonco wrote:

I recently purchased this game and I constantly see white ghosts roaming around. I heard some of those are AI? Not sure about that. But most are other players right.

Yeah. I really don't know which one is an AI and which one isn't. The only one I know for sure (since I see it in every playthrough) is the one that pulls the lever in Stonefang that opens the gate.

Message 3 of 22 (491 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6475 posts

Apr 27, 2013

None of the white ghosts are AI.  They are all other live players in the same area as you.

I don't think the availability as a digital download has any effect on summoning.  One has nothing to do with the other.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 4 of 22 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Apr 27, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

None of the white ghosts are AI.  They are all other live players in the same area as you.

I don't think the availability as a digital download has any effect on summoning.  One has nothing to do with the other.

Actually some of them are AI.. like the one in the Stonefang I mentioned, because you see them even if you play offline. :smileyhappy:

With summoning I meant that has the player pool increased, meaning that each area has more players =  more people need help -> faster summoning.

Message 5 of 22 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I'm playing this game because of my ps plus sub...it's really good but a bit confusing whats the difference between soul form and regular body form? I find the game very lazy when it comes to explain all the features...
Message 6 of 22 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Heisem wrote:
I'm playing this game because of my ps plus sub...it's really good but a bit confusing whats the difference between soul form and regular body form? I find the game very lazy when it comes to explain all the features...

You're supposed to find out those things yourself. :smileywink: After the tutorial, you're pretty much on your own, which is great IMO. I hate games that hold your hand.

The difference between soul form and body form is that in soul form your maximun HP is reduced to 50%, which can be increased by wearing the Cling ring. Cling ring's effectiveness also depends on the world tendency.  You also make less noise in soul form and slightly more damage. Soul form is also required to be summoned as a blue phantom.

In body form, you have the maximun HP, and you can summon phantoms to help you, or you can get invaded by one.

There might be something else, but it's been a while since I've played, so..

Message 7 of 22 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

May 1, 2013
Thank you Alluboy
Message 8 of 22 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

May 1, 2013

Heisem wrote:

Most answers you have about the game can be answered by reviewing the manual.  If you have the digital version, start the game, hit the PS button, and scroll to your game list to view the software version of the manual.

Message 9 of 22 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

May 3, 2013
Ok i just found that i shouldn't use demon's souls from defeated bosses to boost my soul counter...looks like i will need them to get special spells... Is there a way to recover the ones i have used without starting a new game?
Message 10 of 22 (441 Views)
0 Likes