Fender Bender
3469 posts

Re: How's DeS now that the digital download is available?

May 3, 2013

Heisem wrote:
Ok i just found that i shouldn't use demon's souls from defeated bosses to boost my soul counter...looks like i will need them to get special spells... Is there a way to recover the ones i have used without starting a new game?

Unfortunately no. :smileysad: Some of the souls are also required for special weapons. Which ones did you use?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (203 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5174 posts

May 3, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Heisem wrote:
Ok i just found that i shouldn't use demon's souls from defeated bosses to boost my soul counter...looks like i will need them to get special spells... Is there a way to recover the ones i have used without starting a new game?

Unfortunately no. :smileysad: Some of the souls are also required for special weapons. Which ones did you use?

Ooops. Bad move.  You can always get them again on subsequent playthroughs.  And a side note: you cannot trade boss souls with other players - items yes, boss souls no.  Sorry.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

May 4, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Heisem wrote:

i used the souls of the following bosses:

Phanlax

Tower knight

Armor Spider

FlameLurker

did i miss something good? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3469 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Heisem wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Heisem wrote:

i used the souls of the following bosses:

Phanlax

Tower knight

Armor Spider

FlameLurker

did i miss something good? :smileysad:

Ouch! Some of those were pretty d@mn good! :/

The most valuable soul of those four would be Flamelurker or Tower Knight. Flamelurker's soul is required to make special weapons from boss souls. You give this to one of the blacksmiths.

Tower Knight's soul is required to learn IMO one of the best defensive spells in the game, Warding. It reduces physical damage you take significantly, something like 60-70%. You can still learn Protection, which still provides decent damage reduction too.

Phalanx's soul can used to make a Scraping spear that has excellent scaling with Dexterity although it's base damage is pretty low. It also reduces equipment durability with each hit. I've heard that people use this in PvP.

And finally, Armor Spider's soul is used to make a Lava bow, which does both physical and fire damage. It has pretty crappy scaling though if I remember right. You can also learn two spells with it, but I'm not sure were they that important.

But don't worry! If you're not trophy hunting like crazy, then you'll do just fine and can always get them in next playthroughs. In the end, weapons made from boss souls aren't that good, there are only couple really good ones. :smileyhappy:

Also another thing, since the boss souls can be used for multiple things (Miracles, spells, weapon etc.) you should check on every person that wants one of the boss souls, and pick something you like and might find interesting and not just choose the first option you get.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

May 5, 2013
Thank you Alluboy...this game really forces you to play NG+
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Re: How's DeS now that the digital download is available??

May 7, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

DNG-PaasDieJonco wrote:

I recently purchased this game and I constantly see white ghosts roaming around. I heard some of those are AI? Not sure about that. But most are other players right.

Yeah. I really don't know which one is an AI and which one isn't. The only one I know for sure (since I see it in every playthrough) is the one that pulls the lever in Stonefang that opens the gate.

I think someone edited the comment or maybe i just reading it wrong.  

Anyways...  

• The white ghostly figures that you see are spirits from real people playing from other  games.  
  • The spirit pulling the lever in 2-1 probably is AI just to give people a hint. It also could be placed to influences the idea that spirits are helpful and players should watch them sometimes.  (I as well see that spirit in every play through)  
  • Blue/Red Soul signs, player placed messages, blood stains, and white ghostly figures can NOT be seen when playing offline.  The quickest way to determine if you are offline is by pressing "SELECT".  If you can write a message that means you are online.  And if you see spirits walking around in offline that probably means they are fake (meaning they are not actual real time players).
  • Any time that a notification appears saying that a player has entered your world whether by summoning or invading are ALL real players.  All friendly NPCs that help you out in the game are in body form (No summoning required unlike in Dark Souls where you sometimes had the option to summon a NPC)

Things I have noticed since psn download

• There has been a lot of new players.  Seem like a lot of players are prier Dark Soul players and have been attracted to this game because the game is now available for PSN download.    
  • I have noticed a lot of spell users (at least in the first few weeks), flame shield users, and  very few people make the gesture of bowing to one another anymore.  BTW to make a gesture hold "X"
  • In pvp, players are more aggressive (to me at least). Quickly study your enemy before you show him what you got when engaging in combat.  Reading body movement is important, as well as character appearance.  
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3469 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

After I played a bit few days ago, I haven't really noticed any change in the players. But then again, I'm playing the EU version, so we didn't  get the game for free. However, the game is in PS store though, and it's not that expensive, so you'd expect some player increase there too.

I think the main reason that people don't gesture that much, is that they're new players (For example, from DkS, like you mentioned) and  it's also a bit harder gesture in Demon's soul. Hell, it even takes a while to figure it out! 

And the reason for spellcasters (again) is that the players using them probably came from Dks. After all, INT builds/spellcasters are extremely powerful (and fun) to use there.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

May 7, 2013

I didn't even know it was possible to make gestures. How do you do that?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3469 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

DNG-PaasDieJonco wrote:

I didn't even know it was possible to make gestures. How do you do that?

Like I-800-Infantry said, you just hold X. After a second or two, a list pops up and you can choose what gesture to make. After choosing the gesture, release X.

You can also do them by just holding X and moving your controller left, right etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

May 7, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (164 Views)
0 Likes