Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Re: What Is The Best Weapon In DS's?

May 14, 2010

Hey Bike,

The real reason to invade is to cause destruction and pain in someone elses game. Mess their day up, frustrate them some more. That is a BP's job in this game, and it can be alot of fun.

Lately, players have been gathering up and waiting at the archstone for BP's. I don't think this follows the games intentions. If people want to duel, that is what the red stone is for. Blues are there to help the host and to defend the host's world. I will use a white stone on a blue in a second who does not help defend my world from invaders. And, I will not wait my turn (?!?!) to defend someones world from invasion. Nor do i want to play with people who expect me to.

BP's are meant to hunt down and kill the host. If you get outnumbered 3 to 1 as a BP, tough luck, you invaded the wrong world. 

If the players in this game would get back to using all three stones (red, blue & black) in the manor in which they were intended, alot of these PVP/COOP questions that new players would be answered.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8920 posts

May 15, 2010

crbngville wrote:

Hey Bike,

The real reason to invade is to cause destruction and pain in someone elses game. Mess their day up, frustrate them some more. That is a BP's job in this game, and it can be alot of fun.

Lately, players have been gathering up and waiting at the archstone for BP's. I don't think this follows the games intentions. If people want to duel, that is what the red stone is for. Blues are there to help the host and to defend the host's world. I will use a white stone on a blue in a second who does not help defend my world from invaders. And, I will not wait my turn (?!?!) to defend someones world from invasion. Nor do i want to play with people who expect me to.

BP's are meant to hunt down and kill the host. If you get outnumbered 3 to 1 as a BP, tough luck, you invaded the wrong world. 

If the players in this game would get back to using all three stones (red, blue & black) in the manor in which they were intended, alot of these PVP/COOP questions that new players would be answered.

Thing is, many may not like to use a red stone simply due to the large amount of gangbangers out there. They'ed rather invade and face a 3v1 and not lose a soul level rather then Red stone and automatically lose a SL.

Waiting around for invaders in 4-1 is not a bad thing. It's just people wanting to get a good fight going.

I know that every BP that has invaded me in 4-1 has bowed before we fight.. well, most. at least 1 out of 6 or so tries to play cheap.

I remember one or two played cheap on you.

But it's all personaly prefference really. I remember when we played, I bowed for each invader that I faced while you nuked the ones you faced with FS right when they emerged lol. It was quite funny to watch, but it's something I wouldn't do, but it was your playstyle and I would not question that. You paid for the game after all.

I did recieve alot of hate mail from all those BPs you nuked lol.

Now, if I get invaded in any other world outside of world 4-1, then yeah, I'm going to gangbang them. I want to finish those levels so patches can sell me better goods for my pvping in 4-1.

But it seems to be an unwritten rule now that 4-1 is the place to be for PVP.

Kinda like back in Socom 2. The IW80-A2, RPGs and M203s were banned from ranked play. If a player used one, they were voted.

While the similarities are not exact, there is a similarity.

If you want to invade, you do worlds 1,2,3 and 5.

You want to pvp, you hit up 4.

again, about the whole "If people want to duel, use a red stone"

That statement holds truth, but at the same time doesn't.

If people would stop gang banging red stones users for a quick level increase, then perhaps we would see more red stone users.

And the great thing about a good ol pvp session (Invasion style) is the amount of souls you can get!

If you invade and there are 3 people, and you each take turns in a good ol 1v1, you can net alot of souls for each blue you kill as well as a nice BCT boost.

Same can be said for the blues and host. whichever one kills the BP nets a good amount of souls with no risk of a SL loss and a nice WCT boost.

The worst that can happen is you loose your body. Better then loosing a SL I think. Not as frustrating and simply more fun.

Again, these are my opinions. I don't expect you to agree with all of them as we have both seen how we each play, but I hope you understand my reasons for playing the way I do.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

May 15, 2010

Hey Zel,

Don't confuse the half of this couple that posts on the board, with the half that plays late at night. I am generally in bed by 9:30, because I have to be at work at 7:00am, and somehow have gotten old.

I agree people don't use red stones because of the gang banging. I've said before that the only thing more dishonorable in this game than summoning a blue and watching them get jumped, is pulling a red stone and expecting help. More and More i use my white stone, for all of these reasons.

Think of how good the system would be, if everybody used their stones (all 4 of them) appropriately.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

May 15, 2010
Crb, which half was I cooping with the other night?

As far as red stones, it's a duel so it should be 1v1. Shouldn't be able to summon a blue after summoning a red. Shouldn't be able to summon a red after a summoning a blue. Once the red arrives on the scene, even out the hp differences between body and soul form and duel. It would detract from the spectating experience and tourney experience but that's the only way to prevent red eye gang banging on both sides of the coin.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8920 posts

May 16, 2010

crbngville wrote:

Hey Zel,

Don't confuse the half of this couple that posts on the board, with the half that plays late at night. I am generally in bed by 9:30, because I have to be at work at 7:00am, and somehow have gotten old.

I agree people don't use red stones because of the gang banging. I've said before that the only thing more dishonorable in this game than summoning a blue and watching them get jumped, is pulling a red stone and expecting help. More and More i use my white stone, for all of these reasons.

Think of how good the system would be, if everybody used their stones (all 4 of them) appropriately.

I am easily confused lol.

I know the Mrs likes to nuke poor old BPs...

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

May 16, 2010

hey pacnyc,

i haven't cooped with any of u guys, but d15. i am usually off fairly early. if u played with a witch, it was definitely my wife. i never play the mage toons.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes