Jan 31 2012
By: Favreorite First Son 11 posts

Can I Only Get the Tactical Enhancement and Explosive Mission Pack's Weapons Near the Start of the Game?

2 replies 630 views Edited Jan 31, 2012

Okay, so the good news is that the tactical enhancement pack add on you get weapons like the Double-Barrel Shotgun, Silenced Sniper Rifle, and 10,000 extra in-game credits, and for the explosive mission pack add on you receive a bonus mission, Grenade Launcher, Remote-Detonated Explosive Device and the Automatic Unlocking Device.

All of this sounds great!  But the potential bad news (for me anyway) might be - and I read this from someone who played the game - that the only way to get the items included in both the Tac. and Explos. Mission Packs come from David Sarif after completing the mission at the Milwaukee Junction facility. That's the mission where you're to secure the Typhoon weapon system.

Well, I'm way past that. I'm in chapter 6. So what I need to know is do I really have to start the game over from scratch or an old save file of mine to get the add ons??? That would really suck, man!

Please help out a fellow gamer. Thank you, and happy gaming!

BTW, so far, from what I've seen while playing this game, I think it is one of the best games I've played in many years.

Message 1 of 3 (630 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Can I Only Get the Tactical Enhancement and Explosive Mission Pack's Weapons Near the Start of the Game?

Feb 1, 2012

I forgot to mention I didn't get the add-ons as part of the pre-order bonus so I'm trying to incorporate the extra goods after the start of the game. All I've been able to find in my game since my first post has been the AUD and the Remote-DED. No Silenced sniper rifle or dbl barrel shotgun, etc.

I'll check back here but I'm gonna go ahead and start a new game. If this game wasn't so damn good I'd just say fuggit and keep going as I was.

Message 2 of 3 (630 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Can I Only Get the Tactical Enhancement and Explosive Mission Pack's Weapons Near the Start of the Game?

Feb 1, 2012

I did some research on it too, when I purchased the packs. Yeah, the only way to recieve the credits and weapons (though according to the Deus Ex Wiki, the weapons can be found in other areas of the game) is from David Sarif on the way to the Milwaukee Junction area.

Message 3 of 3 (630 Views)
0 Likes