Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2011
By: Yojimbo68 Wastelander 762 posts
Accepted Solution

Deus Ex; Human Revolution vs Mass Effect 2, which is the best !

2 replies 1521 views Edited Sep 25, 2011

As both of these games seem to be Action RPG Shooter hybrids, I'd like to know which series is most popular on the PS3 ?

1. Mass Effect 2:-http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1144303p1.html

2. Deus Ex; Human Revolution:- http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14220592.html

I have played a little of both games, but I would like to know what people think about each game before I stump up my hard earned cash for the full versions, thank's for any info !

p.s. With both Borderlands 2 & Rage also releasing soon, it seems that RPG elements are getting more & more popular in FPS's, I think this is a good thing for solo & co-op play, but can lead to balance problems in Multiplayer vs modes, will the sequels to both of the games above be served well by multiplayer additions, and if so, co-op or vs ? I prefer co-op.

Message 1 of 3 (1,521 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Re: Deus Ex; Human Revolution vs Mass Effect 2, which is the best !

Oct 11, 2011

I suppose it depends on what type of game you prefer.  If you like stealthy sneaky games, then I would say Deus Ex, if you enjoy games where the action is a bit more open with back and forth wall hugging fire, then I would say Mass Effect 2.  Both have fantastic stories, and both IMHO are must-play games if you enjoy action RPGs.  I will say one thing if you play Mass Effect 2, either read up on the story from the first Mass Effect, or download the web comic (comes with many copies of the game) to know what is going on story wise as it is definitely very tied in with the story from the original.

Oh and some more links for you with gameplay and video:

Mass Effect 2

Deus Ex

I hope this helps!

-SP

Message 2 of 3 (1,521 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Deus Ex; Human Revolution vs Mass Effect 2, which is the best !

Jun 10, 2013

I'd have to say that The Mass Effect series would be more popular, but I would reccommend that you don't play 2 until you play 1. Deus Ex: HR on the other hand, is a self-contained story. I would highly reccommend the first Deus Ex game, I believe it's caled Deus Ex: The Conspiracy or something similar, came out on PS2, the original on PC is one of my favourite games, but you don't need to play it. There are a lot of references though :smileyvery-happy:

In terms of gameplay, I found Mass Effect's gameplay to be a bit boring, though that's probably just personal taste. I much prefer sneaking around in DX:HR. The augmentations make exploring the world so much fun.

Message 3 of 3 (481 Views)
0 Likes