Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 09 2011
By: Mylo_Cordana Wastelander 805 posts
Accepted Solution

How do you unlock different endings in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

5 replies 9467 views Edited Oct 9, 2011

I know that Deus has four different endings, but only two of them were evident when I finished the game.  How do you unlock each of them? 

I do notwant to know what happens in each ending, please do not post any spoilers which are unnecessary.  I would only like to know what conditions must be met to unlock them so I may see all four of them myself.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (9,467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Re: How do you unlock different endings in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Oct 9, 2011

To get all of the endings, the option at the end of which message you want to send you MUST find and talk to Taggart and Sarif. Both men will want you to send their message after speaking to them.

Just past the final Limb Clinic at panchea you will get a call from Taggart asking if anyone is available to help. He is in the Main Server Room.

A short while later you will get a call from David Sarif, he has some injured people and needs help. He is in the Machine Room.

You will get a call from Sarif/Taggart regardless whether or not you want to find them. It's a secondary objective of your final mission.

Find them and you will get the option to send their message at the end.

4 Endings are.

Darrow's Message

Sarif's Message

Taggart's Message

Destruction Of Panchea

Make sure to save before making the decision on which ending you want to see, so you can get the trophy if you love trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (9,467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
805 posts

Oct 9, 2011

Even though I tried to do all the searching and looting I could, I did not find Sarif or Taggart in the Panchea facility.  I heard Taggart over the intercom, but don't remember hearing Sarif.  Since I found neither, I did not receive those options, I could only chose from Darrow's Ending or Destruction of Panchea.  After hearing Taggart ask for help over the intercom, I checked my mission objectives, but found no secondary objectives had been added.  There were no green side missions for me to chose from, nor were there any waypoints in Panchea leading me to them, which explains why I missed them.

I suspect the side mission's failure to activate may have been a glitch, since this is not the first glitch I encountered.  I had to abandon an earlier side mission because the next segment failed to activate after I completed an objective.  Can anyone offer additional advice?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (9,467 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10909 posts

Oct 9, 2011

The trouble with this venture is that you will not receive the location of either Taggart or Sarif. They'll tell you where they are, but it's ultimately left up to you to explore the ship.

From what I can recall, the locations of both of them can be reached from that main hub where you're outside and there's a bunch of staircases leading down to the infected people. David's through a tunnel where you'll see a camera overhead and I think there was electricity on the floor. Taggart was more northward leading up past the staircases at the bottom, I believe.

You should definitely look for a walkthrough on this and see if that can help.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (9,467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Oct 10, 2011

This should help you out.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (9,467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
805 posts

Oct 12, 2011

You've been most helpful, bronxz32.  I'm surprised you took the time to flesh out these videos for me.  It turns out I did find Taggart.  I was in that room, I snooped around, and spoke to a few civilians to find they had nothing interesting to say.  I never noticed Taggart there.  How very silly of me.  However, I would have almost certainly never found Sarif without seeing this video.  Thank you.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (9,467 Views)
0 Likes