Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 10 2013
By: HM01_Impaler Uncharted Territory 1582 posts

Completion of all DMC games

3 replies 262 views Edited Jun 10, 2013
So nearly 4 whole months ago, I bought the DMC Collection because of a deal at GameStop. I later got DMC4 and DmC.
Today, I beat the reboot, completing the entire series. My experience was a pleasant one for the most part. I was impressed by the dirst game. It was one of my first hack and slash games. I played on normal because I was afraid of the infamous difficulty of the DMC games. It really wasn't hard at all on normal. Then DMC2... I hated it. It didn't seem to match up with the first game at all. I got through the entire game using mostly Ebony and Ivory. Yeah, I understand why nobody likes that one. It's a shame that DMC2 was so bad because it is the last game chronologically, and nobody wants a sequel to it. It has put an end to the DMC franchise chronologically. Unless that game is removed from canon (which it should be), I don't think that part of the DMC timeline will ever be explored again. Then there was DMC3: my favorite of the original series. I thought the story was handled well, and the combat was the best. A great prequel. Some time passed before I got DMC4. With DMC4, I was impressed by the graphical improvement at first. However, this game was incredibly repetitive, and I didn't like having to change between Nero and Dante. It would have been better if the game just one playable character, whether it had been Dante or Nero. Nero certainly is no Dante, but the Devil Bringer was a nice change to the combat system. The 2nd dice game (Mission 19) was the hardest section for me out of the entire series. Still a decent game. DmC: Devil May Cry was my favorite installment in the franchise. It was a much needed reboot. I was a little skeptical
at first, but it was great. I did not care for Vergil's Downfall as much as I thought I would, though.
DmC SPOILERS BELOW
I think that DmC and the original series are connected. It would take one more game to bridge the gap between DmC and DMC3. In "DmC2: Vergil's Revengeance" (title is a joke), Vergil would return as the lord of demons. He kills Kat or Kat becomes Lady (it actually makes sense to me). The normal world and Limbo have remained as one. Arkham makes an appearance. The statue of Mundus on Mallet Island is created, perhaps by Vergil/Arkham. Dante gets a pizza stain on his jacket, and he decides to turn it inside out. Liking the red color, he eventually replaces it with an brand-new red jacket. In the encounter between Dante and Vergil at the end of the game, Vergil is victorious. Rather than killing Dante (who now has taken his full DMC3 appearance), Vergil clears his memory like Sparda had done before. From there, it would only take a brief cutscene to get Dante to where he was at the start of DMC3. Several potential plotholes could include Dante's age and the race of Eva. However, Dante's amnesia would serve as explanations for both of these. It said that Dante is 18 in both DmC and DMC3, I believe. It is possible that this all took place within a year. However, it is more likely that Dante was misinformed of his age after losing his memory. Same thing with the race of Eva. When Dante is trying to find out about his past, he is told that his mother was human, not an angel. He and Vergil would really be nephilim in the original series. I'm sure more plot holes would be created, but they could either be covered up with something like this or carelessly ignored.
Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Re: Completion of all DMC games

Jun 13, 2013
The only good thing in DMC2 is the name of the game. :smileyvery-happy:
Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jun 13, 2013
^ Yes exactly. It was a terrible game.
Message 3 of 4 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I liked the artwork, and how it took on a more gothic look than the other games, but that is hardly a reason to dub a game good.

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 4 of 4 (130 Views)
0 Likes