Aug 16 2011
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41020 posts

DmC's Dante is Half-Angel, Half-Demon?

9 replies 2850 views Edited Aug 16, 2011

So says Siliconera:

I thought Dante was the son of Sparda (a demon) and Eva (a human). However, in Ninja Theory’s game Dante is a young man coming to terms with his demon and angel abilities. This is a key mechanic in DmC Devil May Cry since Dante can transform the Rebellion into a holy scythe or a devilish axe.

LINK

Also looks like they eased up on his design:

BEFORE:

Before.jpg

AFTER:

After.jpg

Now he looks more healthy/not on drugs.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10991 posts

Re: DmC's Dante is Half-Angel, Half-Demon?

Aug 16, 2011

So Dante's mother is an angel in DmC: Devil May Cry? Heck, his mother and father are probably completely different people in this video game (if they are even in this video game) and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Dante didn’t have a brother. What the heck is going on with this video game? >_>

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Aug 17, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

So Dante's mother is an angel in DmC: Devil May Cry? Heck, his mother and father are probably completely different people in this video game (if they are even in this video game) and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Dante didn’t have a brother. What the heck is going on with this video game? >_>

Wouldn't be surprised if Sparda doesn't even exist in NT's universe.  I'm sure most fans have already prepared for it, but the rest should do the same for Capcom killing off the DMC they have come to know up until now.  From everything seen, it's like they've scrapped the basis of the Dante character almost entirely.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2921 posts

Sep 4, 2011

We should all just be happy Inafune was finally fired and he won't be screwing up what's left of Capcom's good properties.

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Sep 5, 2011

Fexelea wrote:

We should all just be happy Inafune was finally fired and he won't be screwing up what's left of Capcom's good properties.

The way Capcom is still functioning, they're staying the course of doing so on their own without him.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2921 posts

Sep 5, 2011

I'm hoping that won't be the case. At least the people I know there commented that he got the boot for running red ink on his Westernization campaign which is now perceived as a stupid thing to do. Some pre-shift deals may be ongoing but it would seem they are turning their attention back to their core JP market which is, honestly, the way for Capcom to make great games.

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Sep 20, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

....I had to laugh my ass off on that comment b/c it's kinda how I felt when I heard their 'explanation of the plot'. Honestly the s*** makes no sense whatsoever and yet at the same time rather generic.....

Devil/Angel theme, really NT? Really?? You couldn't do better than that...

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 12, 2013

This actually makes sense, considering the fact that a real nephilim is described as a "fallen angel."

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (1,536 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I think that's way cooler than half-demon/human. I use to give this game **bleep** because I thought the new Dante just looked like they wanted to make him a dumb pretty boy but I own this game now and I can honestly say I am having a ot of fun and I love it now

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (1,488 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Devil May Cry series is a completely different game from the new one.The story is changed and I was hoping in the new DmC,I would see Nero again.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes