Nov 24 2009
By: Breck09 Lombax Warrior 222 posts

At What Point In Dragon Age...

3 replies 21 views Edited Nov 24, 2009
Do you start to get to the more advanced battle tactics?  I am still fairly new to the game but was wondering when the more advanced combat comes into play (ie pausing to preload spells and such.)  I thought I saw a thread about this topic but can't remember if it was here or on another site?
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Re: At What Point In Dragon Age...

Nov 24, 2009

Breck09 wrote:
Do you start to get to the more advanced battle tactics?  I am still fairly new to the game but was wondering when the more advanced combat comes into play (ie pausing to preload spells and such.)  I thought I saw a thread about this topic but can't remember if it was here or on another site?

Well I think It starts after you become a grey warden... Thats when it started picking up for me...

You start to do side missions that involve tactics and not just button mashing... and keep in mind that as you advance in the game you will gain more tactic slots and revise your tactics more than once...

But I think I started to have the most fun with the tactics when I got a few more people in my party... you make one person heal, one person as a tank, and the other two can do whatever and so on...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

Nov 24, 2009

Breck09 wrote:

The second you start playing you can.

The L2 button pauses the game and opens the menu. By default you have to hold the L2 button down to keep the menu open, you can change that in the options menu if you like. While paused you can press R1 and L1 to switch party members. You can select any spell, ability, potion, poison, trap, etc that you want. Whoever is in the center of the circle is who will be targeted (their name will show up over their head too to make sure you have the right one). You can move the view around with the right analog stick.

All of this is in the manual by the way.

To control the AI you go to the character screen and press triangle to enter their tactics.

Every level you get to choose a new spell/ability so as you level up you'll get more and more options for attacks.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Nov 25, 2009

colstripcapn wrote:

Breck09 wrote:

The second you start playing you can.

The L2 button pauses the game and opens the menu. By default you have to hold the L2 button down to keep the menu open, you can change that in the options menu if you like. While paused you can press R1 and L1 to switch party members. You can select any spell, ability, potion, poison, trap, etc that you want. Whoever is in the center of the circle is who will be targeted (their name will show up over their head too to make sure you have the right one). You can move the view around with the right analog stick.

All of this is in the manual by the way.

To control the AI you go to the character screen and press triangle to enter their tactics.

Every level you get to choose a new spell/ability so as you level up you'll get more and more options for attacks.

Yeah I know it is in the manual smart ass, that wasn't what I was asking.  I was just asking when the more advanced tactics came into play more then say at level 4. 

Thanks for your imput though, I guess.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes