Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Re: Dragon Age 2: Will it be Bioware's best yet?

Mar 6, 2011

I just got done playing the demo and really liked it.  One thing I wish they put in the second one is the availability to have an open map so if you want to grind and build up your character you can.  I don't know if this will be available in the second one or not but playing the demo seems you are stuck to a linear path like the first one since you can't move freely within the terrain so I am guessing not.

Message 21 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Mar 7, 2011

I just hope it doesn't get ruined with the "quicker action", i hope they don't dumb it down just to give it a larger auidence.

Message 22 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 7, 2011

Jtoon wrote:

I just got done playing the demo and really liked it.  One thing I wish they put in the second one is the availability to have an open map so if you want to grind and build up your character you can.  I don't know if this will be available in the second one or not but playing the demo seems you are stuck to a linear path like the first one since you can't move freely within the terrain so I am guessing not.

I'm not sure that any Bioware game has ever included an open world complete with respawning enemies. No grinding.

Message 23 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7609 posts

Mar 7, 2011

Grinding against enemies doesn't seem like much point in DA, since all enemies are scaled to your level, so with every level up the enemies levels up with you.

Message 24 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Mar 9, 2011

chaos_789 wrote:

Grinding against enemies doesn't seem like much point in DA, since all enemies are scaled to your level, so with every level up the enemies levels up with you.

But gives you access to more and higher abilities if you can grind and want access to those abilities for missions that you might presently don't have access to.

Message 25 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Mar 13, 2011

With the missions being divided up into primary,secondary,companion, and finding things and returning them to their owners there is a good chance to level up before completing the primary missions......to be honest most of the missions have been fairly straight forward...

It's a good game but I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins more.....

Message 26 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 13, 2011

McBonk wrote:

Just finished the demo. This could be Bioware's next-gen masterpiece.

I'm taking this statement back. The "masterpiece" is still out there.... And if Bioware continues in this direction, it may not happen. DA:2 is to DA what FFXIII is to FF.

Message 27 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Mar 31, 2011

It was a fun game, and it was a different game from Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2. I understand that the change was off-putting for some, but I really enjoyed the game on my first playthrough.  It's hard to say if it's better than or not as good as the other two titles.  For me, the game feels like a more consistent whole than the other two, but my general enjoyment level is about the same as it was for Origins and Mass Effect 2, which were both above average.

Is it the best game ever released?  No. But it's very enjoyable, and I had 42 hours of gameplay the first time through.  And, based on the trophies, there are still a few things I missed.  I think the ideas attempted by Bioware in Dragon Age 2 could turn into something absolutely amazing if they take the ideas and develop them for a future game.

The image doesn't show the current trophies, but following the link does...

Get your Portable ID!
Message 28 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Apr 8, 2011

I find that DA2 is somewhat better then Origins, though the next master piece, I don't think so, they are getting close with perfect with the series but they should mix elements from Origins and DA2 if they really want it to be really good and push it to become their next masterpiece. Though I still really enjoy the game and working on a third playthrough.

Message 29 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes