06-23-2011 10:25 AM
I've been a fan of Dragon Age for a while, i've beaten Origins along with all the DLC Add-ons, and all the online spinoff's, and i'm currently working on DA2. After I heard that Bioware had confirmed there'd be a Dragon Age 3 I couldn't help but wonder what they'd add and if they'd have any Cameos from Origins. Well me and a friend started discussing this and it got me courious on what other people would like to be in the new sequal so I thought i'd give people a chance to tell what they expected.
Heres mine (These are assuming that the ending where Logain dies, your character is male, and you accepting Morrigan's Ritual is the true ending):
1. More info on Morrigan and the MC's son, or even better being able to play as the child. (Because what could be better than playing as a character that has the soul of an Old God?)
2. More background on the Qunari, and the choice to play as that species. (Because Dwarves may make great Warriors, but they do come up "short" in some areas )
3. The off chance on playing as a Darkspawn Halfbreed, considering that in the game that the Darkspawn violated females of all races to make more of themselves. (Come on, who doesn't want to play as someone who can use Darkspawn abilities without having to download a DLC Expansion Quest?)
4. A two-sided storyline where your choices make you seem good and evil like in Oblivion and Fallout 3. (Hey what can I say I love distroying everything as much as I do trying so save it...... Ok I just love to distroy stuff )
07-26-2011 09:49 PM
definatly want more Morrigan, she was my main reason to play DA and there was noone like her in DA2, for me what I want in DA3 is more varried locations n unlike in DA1 but more than that is since The Old Republic is making everyone think about old KotOR again, work more and the whole Hardening of your allies, so you can twist goodie goodie allies into evils, loving it when you decide to torch an orphanage or blow up that bus full of chantry nuns. but as long as they carry over what you did in DA1 and DA2, I'll no doubt play, oh and add some better characters, after the joys of Morrigan, Alastair (aka Atton) and my trusty war dog, the characters in DA2 just seemed so bland
(and *sigh* I guess complete DA2, though honestly I stoped playing after I realised I was never ever leaving that one damn city or when I read the guide and found no matter what ending I got, I wasn't gonna be happy with either)
07-26-2011 09:55 PM
the same attack style as DA2 but not attacking like a crackhead make it slower and smoother and as said above more morrigan and better allies and more than 3 types of people add some different maybe wierd weapons i mean look at demon's souls and dark souls and take notes on weapons
08-02-2011 06:31 PM
I still have barely even touched DA2 and i bought it day one. I lost all respect for Bioware when they released this garbage. If EA was the reason they rushed the game the Bioware should have done the smart thing. Tell EA to either wait, or find a new publisher. Make a crappy product, piss off your consumers, lose future business.
They was already on shaky ground with me after that big speech about DAO having 2 years worth of DLC content. We all see how that turned out. Then they release this crap of a game DA2. lol. No thanks Bioware. say bye bye to a customer.
I havnt even been on their forums since DA2 came out.
08-22-2011 08:42 AM
DA2 was a huge step back for me in terms of being an RPG. They really polished the interface, combat and other things but it was a letdown. I finished it just this past weekend and it was still a solid enjoyable RPG..it just doesn't come close to the enjoyment I had with the Origins.
My hopes for DA3:
- Stop re-using maps like DA2
- Not being stuck around one city the whole time like DA2
- More character choices at the start like DA1.
- No more fetch quests.
- More darkspawn!
- More animal companion choices. Bring back the Ranger!
08-23-2011 09:37 AM
Pretty much what the above guy wrote. To add to this though:
09-04-2011 07:15 PM
1. A whole world to explore, your own ship as your 'hub', pick & choose your crew from old companions & new ones met whilst traveling, this should allow for a lot more variety in locations, monsters, cultures & surprises, I always thought this was one of Suikoden's best aspects.
2. About half way through the story you should have settled on your main party & caught hints about your main task, time to get into the meat of the adventure, at this point enable branching based on decisions up until this point, to enhance player ownership/immersion & replay value, throw in a lot of decent sidequests that result in character specific equipment & closure on personal plot threads, and some epic loot ^^
3. Engineer a feeling of overwhelming threat & impending doom, (Think Kefka !) allow players some room to enhance skills, then force a big push into the Hells Mouth, with a satisfying & appropriately difficult enemy territory, preferably in an alternate land/area/dimension, to shake things up and allow for some really creative landscapes/enemies/bosses etc. Once this is all wrapped up, enable access to online Gladiatorial Arena, where players can pitch party vs party for bragging rights & gear, or build in an ingame level editor, so we can all play Dungeon Master ^^
09-20-2011 11:12 AM
ok here are my thoughts for DA3:
Yes more of Morrigan, shes an ok charater but cool to play as
More of Lillanna. I like her and she needs to be in DA3 seeing how she wasnt in DA2
Bring Alistar back!!!!! He may have been winy but he was a good fighter.
Fix the maps and quests cause not everyone wants to keep replaying the same ones over and over.
Also let the fans of DA & DA2 test out DA3 before its let out for people to buy. I would love to be a tester for the new DA3 game as would my fiance. We are both Dragon Age fans.
I think thats about it.
10-05-2011 10:33 AM
More variety in locations, monsters & story, I hope that the Dragon Age Team have been watching 'Game of Thrones', as that is basically what I want in a top tier Western RPG, an Epic overarching storyline, told from various points of view, in a variety of exotic locations, with lots of plot twists. The groundwork is there, it just needs fine tuning, a bit more 'Epic Fantasy' and a lot less repitition.
Kingdoms of Amalur, Rage, Borderlands 2 & Skyrim also should be taken into consideration as healthy competition, the only factor that draws me back to BioWare games is the party based play mechanics & great dialogue !