Uncharted Territory
2195 posts

Re: ~Dragon Age: Origins~ Information Thread

Dec 9, 2008
Looks like this will be a day one buy for me!        
Message 10 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Dec 9, 2008
Co-op? Last I heard Bioware is saying no.
Message 11 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11254 posts

Dec 9, 2008

CoarseDragon wrote:
Co-op? Last I heard Bioware is saying no.

Yeah, I just updated the thread. Checked over on their site and it's single player only, but you can manage a 'party'. Still going to be one heck of a game!

New Information Added everyone!

Message 12 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Dec 10, 2008

OneEyeRed wrote:

There is a ton of info. at the DAO website and the Bioware forums for those interested. The game is basically a continuation of Baldur's Gate hence the Origins. This is going to be one of the best RPG's in years. The game iwll be released on PC first then console will follow later in the year.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

Actually, bioware has stated that the game is not set in the forgotten realms, but is "a spiritual successor" to baldurs gate, and not a sequal. the name "origins" comes from the fact that you start the game with your "origins". the game is similar in gameplay, but story and setting is completly a new IP.

Message 13 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Dec 17, 2008

Wow, thanks PapaWarlock. Great information. I have been looking for information on this game for awhile now and just remembered to try the forum search. Lol Anyway, looks like to be a great first in the series. Really looking forward to it. Top three games of next year, this would have to be number three.

Message 14 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1726 posts

Dec 17, 2008
Wow now I'm interested.
Message 15 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11254 posts

Dec 17, 2008

xLord-Slothx wrote:

Wow, thanks PapaWarlock. Great information. I have been looking for information on this game for awhile now and just remembered to try the forum search. Lol Anyway, looks like to be a great first in the series. Really looking forward to it. Top three games of next year, this would have to be number three.

For home console games this is actually my number 1 choice, followed by Sacred 2 and White Knight Chronicles.

Message 16 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Dec 17, 2008

PapaWarlock wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:

For home console games this is actually my number 1 choice, followed by Sacred 2 and White Knight Chronicles.

Those are my same chooses for RPGs next year. In that order too. Followed by the Final Fantasy games, assuming they release in 2009.

*edit* I would have to say White Knight Chronicles is up there a bit more, lets just saying it's between DASmiley Surprised and WKC for first.

Message Edited by xLord-Slothx on 12-17-2008 04:20 AM
Message 17 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Dec 18, 2008
I still wonder though how they will change the game for consoles. Since, the consoles versions don't come out till end of next year sometime it's kind of hard not to think about how the controls and everything will work for the consoles. Hope they don't change that much because from all the fooage and articles this game is amazing.
Message 18 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11254 posts

Dec 18, 2008

xLord-Slothx wrote:
I still wonder though how they will change the game for consoles. Since, the consoles versions don't come out till end of next year sometime it's kind of hard not to think about how the controls and everything will work for the consoles. Hope they don't change that much because from all the fooage and articles this game is amazing.

I doubt they'll change much. At most they'll mod the controls to fit the controllers. Add achievements/trophies. Possibly take a few of the best fan created mods from the PC and include them on the console versions. That I'd enjoy seeing. It was hinted at, but as of yet, unconfirmed.

Message 19 of 84 (26 Views)
0 Likes